ChristyFromCanada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What are all the ways we connect?

I am having difficulty learning the simple things. I am on a cell phone, an android, and it is my first cell phone. Never wanted to take people with me where I went. When I am asked to post a topic ....will the answers come as posts and e-mails? There is no other platform, for discussions? See how confused I am. Also,

It's silly, but when you get replies to a post how do you read the replies, or are the replies all posted or sent by email ? Thanks to all who are helping me to understand all the ways you Local Guides Connect.

ChristineBrandon
Espanola, Ontario, Canada
2 comments
Level 7

Re: What are all the ways we connect?

Hi @ChristyFromCanada. The Local Guides Connect website here is probably the best way to connect with other guides and ask questions and such things, but there's also a Google Plus page, a Facebook page, a Twitter page, and a YouTube page, which is filled with awesome, helpful videos.

In your original post, you said, "When I am asked to post a topic ....will the answers come as posts and e-mails?" Are you referring to the discussions here on Local Guides Connect and what happens when you post a message and someone replies to it?

If so, there are a couple ways you'll get notified. I get an email letting me know that someone has replied or mentioned me in a post, and I can click the link in my email program to go directly to the message that they responded to. Users may be able to turn this on and off, so if you're not getting them but would like to, I'll look around to see how to enable that feature.

Another way - if you use a computer or a phone, when you go to the Local Guides Connect site, you should be able to see notifications there. If you're on a computer, there's a bell icon in the upper right of the screen that will change color to indicate that someone has replied or mentioned you in a post.

I don't use my phone much for reading the Local Guides Connect site, but I've attached screenshots below from an Android phone of how you can see if you have notifications about your posts.

What you want to do is go to the Local Guides Connect webpage and click on your avatar in the upper right hand side of the screen. On the screen that opens, the bell in the center area will indicate how many notifications you have. Tap on the bell, and you'll be taken to a page that shows all recent activity related to your account. In my samples below, it shows that FelipePK replied to one of my posts, so if I want to see his reply, I just tape the notification, and his reply to that post will open up. I'm not certain if this is what you were asking about, but if not or you have more questions, please let me know, and I will try to help more.

Screenshot_20180803-200026.jpgScreenshot_20180803-200036.jpgScreenshot_20180803-200051.jpg

Level 6

Thankyou for helping

You are wonderful! Thankyou so very much. I must go and try to practice before I forget what you said.

I'm an artist, and i never thought to click or tap the icon and I never thought to tap on a line drawing of a bell or ...I had better go do it! Would you mind if I ask you if I get stuck again.

Sometimes unusual people don't perceive things the same way. I really appreciate your taking the time to really help.

I have a lot of reading to do! 

Thanks again.

ChristineBrandon