KseniaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What I love about being a local guide

This is an amazing community energizing me to explore and to share. Here I can be sure I will get feedback, be supported and cheered up, get advices and recommendations, be appreciated and heard. I have been travel blogging on different resources for over ten years now and I have never met such kind, friendly and open community as we are here. Thank all and each of you for making Local Guides program such a fantastic experience and a place I wanna come back, develop and contribute to. You are the best guys!

@JuanChthank you for an exiting session back here in Zurich. My daughter was born a couple of days later - on March 14th late in the night. I have already thanked our baby girl for patience and letting me to participate in this session on her due date 🙂 And for causing no troubles during the LG Summit - it was about the mid point of my pregnancy. And anothing thing - you mentioned considering an organisation of a full day similar session. Just wanted to let you know - I chated with some local guides about it here and no one would consider a possibility to join something like that for a whole day. We have too less vacation days here in Switzerland and the working hours are not really flexible. For me it would be a family situation preventing a full day participation. Just wanted to let you know.

Meet our favourite GooglerMeet our favourite Googler20180308_195234_resized.jpg

Cheers

Ksenia

Zürich, Switzerland
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What I love about being a local guide

Hi @KseniaM, so happy to read this wonderful news.

You are giving energy to all of us, with this wonderful post about your experience in being a Local Guide.

I am sure that my friends @KarenVChin@Shirley@SoniaK and @NunungAfuah will be very happy to read it, together with @AlejandraMaria, the superstar of our WorldWide meetup

Take your time for you and your daughter now, you deserve it.

Thanks again for sharing with us a so important moment of your life

Ermes

Level 10

Congratulations @KseniaM!!!!!!!!!

Paul Kang
Greater Nashville, Tennessee
Connect Moderator

Congrats Mama @KseniaM

So so happy to meet you last year at Summit 17. Never would have known you were expecting until you told me at the Golden Gate Club. You looked great and definitely kept going with the rest of us for those 3 packed full days! 

I believe you now have the youngest Local Guide in your family 👶🏻.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@KseniaM! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing this news. Also, thanks for sharing your experiences as Local Guides.

And now, you'll be on the look out for places around you that are baby friendly! Another way to contribute to Google Maps and help many others! Love your energy and enthusiasm!

Take care and hope you get lots of rest!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@KseniaM Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!

Level 10

Congratulation @KseniaM . and we are waiting for you to see your post and activity in there

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

OMG @KseniaM congratulations! I love your story and lucky for me to meet you in last Summit 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

That's also encourage me to being LG.

Thanks for sharing @KseniaM

India
Googler

Congrats @KseniaM on the new baby! I'm so happy for you and the new addition to your family 🙂

Thank you for being an AWESOME contributor and for your dedication to the program (I still can't believe you attended our sessions on your due date)!

Thanks for the feedback and I hope we can see you again soon!