Svein's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What I have learned by posting 10600+ photos, earning 8300+ points and getting 130+ million view

Wow... Nice article.... I have also thought about posting a similar article... Will work in it soon 🙂

Atma Ram
Level 7

Re: What I have learned by posting 10600+ photos, earning 8300+ points and getting 130+ million view

First of all, excellent work. But I can make your life so much easier.

- Back up all your phone photos with Google Photos.

- Go to Maps on desktop.
- Click "Your contributions"
- Click "Photos"
- Now automatically upload dozens of photos at once with locations automatically selected for you.
Hope this helps. 

Level 9

@RussAllen Thanks.Awesome. This feature was not there when I originally posted.

I just tried , but I keep getting Capturee.JPG, so I guess it's not quite ready for prime time.

Level 6

Great post!

Than you very much for sharing your experience and story

I just one question... what happens when your photos reach over a million views? does google gives you access to any speacial features? does google considers you to become part of a special community, a little bit like the Street View Trusted Photographers at Google Street View?

Thank you!

Hugs back from México  

Level 9

There is no secret community, or if there is I'm not invited  🙂 

The only thing Google gives you is the ability to document your community and token badges. 😞

In my opinion if there were only a little benefit to submit quality content, there would be a lot more good content.

-Svein

Level 9

Thank you very much for sharing valuable experience ....

Level 10

Excellent advice @Svein

I learned a lot and will keep these points in mind. Thanks for sharing your experience

Level 7

Congratulations on a magnificent achievement on your total views. Also for an incredible in depth review which I am sure will be read by thousands of our local guides and the advice you have given will be put to good use to improve both the quality of their uploaded photos and points earned to improve there local guide ratings.

Level 10

@Phil1

I personally will take care while uploading photos. 

Level 5

Did you ever use a watermark or get any traction on your photos from people looking to hire you for your skills?