ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

What I have earned from the Local Guides Community ?

Hello ! 
Dear all Local Guides and friends!
I am a Local Guide since 2016 and I think am not a big contributor of this program. But from the start till now tried my best. Hosted a lot of Meet Ups and invited a lot of people to this program. Tried my best to guide others accurately although I am a learner. Everyday I found a lot of new experience from the Community and learn new things . As a result I have a lot of Local Guides friends around the world now.  

But one of the question I have to face regularly that, What i have earned from this community?
Any special perks or Benefits or offers? and more questions.
 wt i.jpg

Although I have no any great answers for those but said some words that why they may get encouragement about the program. 

• It is an unpaid voluntary based work for your own community and the country - First answer is..
  • You may get a lot of big Hearts here(Kudos). Some best solution from the experts when you are on the Forum. 
  • The all in all benefit is world best fellowship here I found.
  • A lot of Local Guides fellows are waiting for your joining. Their salutation for you are ready always - An warm welcome to the Community and the thanks for your joining!! It is really exclusive. 
  • You may found some big and big hearted Local Guides and friends who are ready for support and encourage you on any platform.There are no any Forum or Community like this i see ever. Unknowingly one of them would be a best friend for you. Yes, It is true...  (From my own experience)

I also have a best friend who support me a lot online or offline. This is my priceless benefits from the program. Although i didn't work here for any big Benefits ....
A Local Guide who is one of the best contributor for this community. He is a regular contributor for this community morning till evening even the last night. As far as I know always he tried to help this community and he have the best solution for all Local Guides problems. He is so friendly and kind man.
The Local Guides legend as I called him. 

He is @LucioV. My mentor, friend, adviser and fellow. 

LucioLucio
I found him here in this community from my first time. I saw many Local Guides here but they are vanished after few days. But he is regular still now and is a top contributor of this community(Top kudoed authors and top solution authors leader board ranked). One of the top contributor for the SVT board also. 

Lucio.jpg

A Local Guide from Rome, Italia. A photographer, Freelancer and more...

Just a latter make this friendship more stronger and  beyond ...

The letter from Lucio with a special friendship badgeThe letter from Lucio with a special friendship badge

I am so lucky that i found like you friend and your suggestions help me to hit may goals. 

I take this badge to any kind of Local Guides Meet -Up and it was my first  Gift as a Local GuideI take this badge to any kind of Local Guides Meet -Up and it was my first Gift as a Local Guide

@TraciC @JeslynL @LuisRG Hope you may like this post.

1. Local Guides what you have earned form this community ? 
  2. Do you need more anything else benefits ? 

@OSAMA @ErmesT @IlankovanT @PaulPavlinovich @ValeriaA_ take a look here my friends...

Happy Guiding !!

Happy Mapping !!

Comilla, Bangladesh
114 comments
Level 10

Re: What i have earned from the Local Guides Community ?

I am speechless my friend. You are so kind, and I'm proud to be considered a mentor in LG community.

I will express my thoughts later, now I'm really speechless.

Yes. Friendship is something that have a huge value, and is something I've earned here in the last two years.

Level 9

Re: What I have earned from the Local Guides Community ?

@LucioV is the local guide Legend  😊👍

Thank you bro @ShafiulB

Level 10

Waw great testimonial and grateful @ShafiulB.

Hi5 to you .

Level 10

I really liked your post  @ShafiulB! Very deep and full of meaning. 

In my case, I joined the program on February 2017 (a bit more than a year ago) because a friend told me about it. I remember sitting all day in a café making reviews and uploading photos from places I had visited. It was just amazing!! I was a user of trip advisor at that time, but when I knew about Local Guides my life completely changed. I learned about meet-ups when Google invited us to their offices in September for #a11y, and not long after I learned about Connect. I started to talk to lots of amazing people which I'm really grateful for!

I would like to mention and highlight some of the most inspiring and motivating members for me who helped me from the beginning: @HelloSamsonR@OSAMA@AlejandraMaria@Justine2807@Sagir

And some other I met later on: @ErmesT @BishowvijayaP @Haseeb @SalmaanN

Unfortunately I can't mention all of them! I'm really thankful for every member who contribute for this community to be better everyday. I always say: I've been part of many virtual communities during my short life, but this is the one that made me feel more honored and valued. I'm really happy and grateful for that.

Happy guiding! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Re: What i have earned from the Local Guides Community ?

@LucioV wrote:

I am speechless my friend. You are so kind, and I'm proud to be considered a mentor in LG community.

I will express my thoughts later, now I'm really speechless.

Yes. Friendship is something that have a huge value, and is something I've earned here in the last two years.

@LucioV You are also so kind man we know. Just keep it up .. My friend.

Happy Guiding !!! 

Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

@LucioV is the local guide Legend  😊👍

Thank you bro @ShafiulB

Thanks for your Valuable Comment dear bro @OSAMA. You too a legend here.

Waiting for your story....

Happy Guiding !!! 

Level 9

All Respect All Respect @ValeriaA_ 🙂 

Level 9

What story bro @ShafiulB !?!?

😁😂😁😂😁😂

I will go to sleep 😴 now 😁😁😁

Good night 😴

Level 10

In LG I earned friends like you @ShafiulB@ErmesT and @OSAMA, and something special, like @DanielaBP.

I've learned that the world is smaller than I ever thought, learned about celebrations I never heard, and saw places I will never visited before.

This is something I will never exchange for anything else in the world.

Thanks LG.