SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

What #Hashtags Is Your City Inspiring?

What hashtags is your city inspiring?What hashtags is your city inspiring?

Since the announcement of hashtags at Connect Live 2018 and the official announcement here on Local Guides Connect, I've seen many Guides implementing hashtags into their reviews (such as #vegetarian or #wheelchairaccessible) and I've even included a few in some of my own recent reviews (although, I definitely plan to go through all my reviews to include them). So I got to thinking - have you created hashtags that are inspired by or specific to your city, town, or region? 

Being in Miami, there is a wide spectrum of food, activities, and other places to explore. Some of the hashtags that I've thought of to include are:

• #MiamiNights - places that are great for nightlife, not restricted to bars or clubs
  • #SweatMiami - places that are great for physical activity such as swimming, tennis, rowing, etc
  • #ArtMiami - places that show off the artistic culture of Miami, whether it be galleries or street art
  • #BeyondMiami -  places that don't initially come to mind when someone thinks of Miami - places that are off the beaten path 
  • #305Culture - places and areas that show off the international cultures that help make Miami what it is, such as Little Havana or Little Haiti

Would love to see what others are coming up with!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
7 comments
Google Moderator

Re: What #Hashtags Is Your City Inspiring?

Hi @SP31,

This is a brilliant idea! I like the hashtags you've crafted, they are quite encompassing. #BeyondMiami is my favourite, would love to see what you'll include here. 🙂

Are you thinking of also adding more specific hashtags? If you put #swimming or #tennis after #SweatMiami, others will have a better idea of what they'd sweat over, I believe.

Hope that more people in your area start using your hashtags!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Absolutely loved the idea @SP31

city-wide hashtags, wicked. 

I personally am too hashtags shy, but I am definitely going to use one here in Penang, Malaysia.

Let's see what others come up with 🙂

Level 8

Good Idea, I will add # tag too in my upcoming review as well as in my older reviews which I have posted.

Connect Moderator

Thanks, @DeniGu! And thanks for the suggestion on including additional hashtags that follow the city-specific ones - that actually makes a lot of sense in terms of providing more perspective to the hashtag and why it is deserving of it.😊

Connect Moderator

@OmerAli thanks brother! I hear ya - it's still interesting and taking some getting used to in terms of adding hashtags, but I have a feeling with all of the great Guides out here like you, that they will soon take off moreso. I'm sure there could be a great hashtag for certain places in Penang!😄

Connect Moderator

@SP31 nice idea and all these hastags - #onlyinmiami ☺

I guess map users will get such info quickly. In my city, #accessible #kidsfriendly #familyfriendly are some of the hashtags I use in my reviews. 

I look forward to #goingtomiami

Connect Moderator

Thanks @EmekaUlor! May have to steal the #onlyinMiami one from you 😁! You're a champion for the #accessible tag and glad to see that those others are being used as well. Can't wait to have you in Miami.