KatieMcBroom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Wellness inspiration from Local Guide Santiago Pazos

Caption: A photo of the inside of One Down Dog, Local Guide Santiago’s favorite yoga studio in Los Angeles. (One Down Dog on Google Maps)Caption: A photo of the inside of One Down Dog, Local Guide Santiago’s favorite yoga studio in Los Angeles. (One Down Dog on Google Maps)

In honor of Local Guides Wellness Week, we chatted with Level 8 Local Guide and wellness enthusiast Santiago Pazos who has taken over 500 classes at One Down Dog, a yoga studio in Los Angeles. Ready to get inspired? Read on to learn more about his routine and his favorite places to unwind that you can find on Google Maps.

How do you practice wellness on a regular basis?

I try to keep consistent and practice wellness routines every single day of the week as I consider them as keys for my inner peace, happiness, and wellbeing. I start off my day by meditating for four minutes while I wait for my coffee to be ready. I close my eyes and focus on my breath, trying to dissipate any preoccupations and thoughts on my brain, and focusing on my present while embracing positive feelings and self-love.

Right in the middle of my day, I move my furniture around and I unroll my yoga mat. My living room is now my yoga studio as well! Most of the time I practice yoga flow, a body demanding yoga practice that allows me to breathe, stretch, and release through sweat anything that does not belong to my organism. Yoga truly is a therapeutic activity in my opinion. I also love taking my bicycle on adventures around Los Angeles on the weekends. Cycling is such a beneficial cardio-focused exercise and a fantastic supplement to my yoga routine. Finally, I practice the most fulfilling (and sometimes challenging) wellness mindset. [I strive] to be the best version of myself possible: as a human, as a brother, as a son, as a boyfriend, as a friend, and as a professional. 

What’s your favorite small business in the wellness space? 

One Down Dog is by far my favorite yoga studio in town. This fantastic space is owned by a local and gives jobs to a lot of talented teachers. This studio is fantastic, not only because of the high-quality instructors, but also for the sense of community and love. During these challenging times, they offer online yoga classes! Go ahead and give them a try, you will not be disappointed. It’s beneficial for your mind and body and you can support a local business! 

What’s a place you’ve discovered that helps you recharge?

Every time I feel that I need to disconnect, recharge my soul, or take some time off the hustle and bustle of the big city, my partner and I go to mother nature. We recently discovered Topanga Canyon trails, located of course in Topanga Canyon, near Malibu. The area offers various trails depending on the hiker’s preferences, and it is such a diverse landscape: meadows, rivers, rocks, and huge millennial trees. It is delightful.

Local Guides, is there a place where you love to go to focus on wellness? Remember to review it on Google Maps and share links to your favorites in the comments below.

Los Angeles, CA, USA
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Wellness inspiration from Local Guide Santiago Pazos

@KatieMcBroom 

Thanks for awesome post, yes with doing yoga, your body, soul, mind get relax.

My mom two years back lost her eyesight due to Dibetaic she got depressed, because she could not cook food ,she couldn't see properly couldn't do household chorus that time I hired a yoga teacher for her,  thrice a weak a young college student taught mom with love, she would say u can do it with medication positive think u will gain eye sight with six month my mom reduce weight with positive attitude I can see she got mild eye sight in that eye. 

When u do meditation & yoga, & positive thoughts it helps you lot .After that I used to do 10 minutes meditation to my school kids daily morning & afternoon before they left for home. It helped them also. I my self do meditation after my prayers daily help me a lot. It give me energy. I do chanting of OM & Waheguru

Level 3

Hey How you doing today?

Can you please share some more details about yoga dog down system .

Thanks ❤️

Level 8

It was a pleasure collaborating with you guys!

Level 8

Betreff: Wellness inspiration from Local Guide Santiago Pazos

awesome 

thx for sharing