Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Welcome to the Travel board

Whether you’re always planning your next adventure or hope to take your first trip next year, this topic board is for Local Guides who love learning about different places around the world.

Caption: A photo of the back of a person hiking in Paria Canyon in Arizona, United States. (Getty Images)Caption: A photo of the back of a person hiking in Paria Canyon in Arizona, United States. (Getty Images)

On this board, you’ll find

• Recommendations on beautiful places to go around the world
  • Tips about contributing on Google Maps while traveling
  • Stories on solo travel
  • Advice from locals on things to do in their area  
  • Questions and information about a variety of places
  • Photos from travelers
  • And more!

Most importantly, you’ll be connecting with people all over the globe who love to explore as much as you do! Share photos from your favorite trips, give your best travel tips, and tell us what else you’d love to see covered on this board.

17 comments
Level 8

Re: Welcome to the Travel board

Hi @Atsukot,

Wonderful photo!

I am thinking if travel related price discount info is OK in here or not.  Like flash price cuts from Airlines.  Special discount for theme parks, etc.

The problem is, it can be too close to commercial advertising.

Level 9

Thanks for the tips @Atsukot 

@YK1001

I wonder if this post written by me is eligible for travel board. Any help or guidance would be appreciated 🙂 

Level 8

Hi @Haseeb,

At this moment, each of us is still new to Connect 2.0.

And this early access period is meant for us to use it so that the Google Moderators team can collect early feedbacks.

I will say, if you want to post, just go ahead to post it.  Then we can learn together if certain post / kind of content is suitable or not.

I am sure @Atsukot will not mind we are making silly mistakes in this period of time.  She will happily guide us as we needed, it is what she is always doing for us.

Level 9

Thank you @YK1001 

You are indeed a great moderator 🙂

Thank you so much!@YK1001I understand that discount information may be helpful, but we don’t encourage LGs to share any information that may seem related to advertising/promotion. It is ok to give advice on "how much a subway ride costs in New York?", etc., but it is not ok to promote companies/websites where people can buy discounted tickets.   

Hello @Haseeb, I couldn’t agree more! SampsonF is a great moderator 🙂 Please go ahead and publish your post in the travel section. The post looks great! 

Please play with a new home of Connect and let us know what you think!

Level 8

Thank you very much for the kind words, @Atsukot @Haseeb.

You make me shy.

Level 9

now i am planing my new post to publish at this this board @Atsukot 😉

stay tuned  @Haseeb

Level 9

Thank you @Atsukot for sharing nice photo and infromation

This is great article for travel board.