Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

We're mappers for ever

Hello to every Local Guides that try to share more about their cultures with world.

Today I was checking the map like every time but for a while I stopped editing and reviewing and focused on the map, current map that we have, and one more time I really enjoyed from clear and well managed map.Map is really well organized these daysMap is really well organized these daysYesss, This is result of our work on Google Map for years.

We had create roads, parks, rivers, mountains, tourist attractions and many other features on Google Map since Map Maker time. Surely we couldn't complete all areas but at least we put time on the map as we can and sometimes even more 😄

We also tried to share our knowledge of mapping due to the rules, with other users to make map more useful by more users. Forums gave us this chance and still continues.

Local Guide program also brought us this opportunity to share more with global users, to do most accurate and amazing things for the map and tourism. This program forced us to communicate with mappers in better way and by new channels and really helps to making the map more clear and safe from spams.

I think even disabling road editing tool was an opportunity for us to focus on locations and check the accuracy of their information (Specially for countries that GMB is not available like Iran). Now this is totally visible for me when I look to the map. Map is clear enough, very less spams and there is more accurate info on it.

This is really amazing and encouraging when you see you stepped in correct way, when you see your efforts have good result and more people and tourists can rely on map for their daily tasks. But surely this is not all and there are lots of areas that needs correction and completion. This is an endless work and we should continue to do more and to teach more users the correct way of mapping.

Hope Google also prepare more tools for example release complete road editing tool as soon as possible and at least let high level local guides to complete this part of the map (roads for routing) which is one of the main usage of it.

What is your idea? Share your scene of seeing the result of your tasks on the map. It can be amazing and inspiring for all of us.

@GusMoreira @NABILazeez @Anonymous @LucioV @OSAMA @Tom-SR @SamornT 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Iran
10 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We're mappers for ever

Few screenshots of my small town, mapped completely by me + much more ☺Screenshot_20170701-160731.png

Screenshot_20170701-160903.png

Screenshot_20170701-160849.png

Screenshot_20170701-160836.png

Screenshot_20170701-160746.png

Screenshot_20170701-161244.png

I mean all... ☺ + All other nearby towns and municipalities...

And there is one old album about this 🙂 @Amiran

https://goo.gl/photos/HJKcfPuvxXgRt2HYA

Level 10

Great job and amazing perceptive, We all know that you've done a lot for the map. We really appreciate it dear @Anonymous

Level 10

Dear @Amiran

Thanks dear for sharing this great post .

I remembered the wonderful map maker day's.  

I'm so proud by what we did till now 

I'm a mapper. 

It was a grate opportunity to do something for our community. 

To all Google team please let map maker back again. 

Level 10

I think you guys did a lot of good contribution in the Google maps + other local guides .thats why now a days map is more clear ,easy,and helpful. Thanks 

@Amiran @Anonymous @NABILazeez

Level 10

@NABILazeez Yes, I'm proud for what we did till now. Thanks for sharing this felling with us. I ask from the team, too 🙂

Level 10

@AkmalB Thanks for your encouragement, It has been done by all of us and we will and we should continue it with each other. This will really help our society and humanity.

Level 10

@AkmalB

Thank you dear freind. 

Level 10

@Amiran

You may see this post from Egypt 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Google-Maps-mentioned-in-an-Egyptian-news-w...

This is what we did. 

I'm still waiting Google to give us chance to do more. 

Level 10

Me too, We need more tools to complete maps and as I can see these days, more tools to prevent from spams (like spam removals)