lynneannec's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

We Can Do It - Seniors Become Google Local Guides!

photo of Local Guide lynneannec encouraging seniors to join the Google Local Guide Program!photo of Local Guide lynneannec encouraging seniors to join the Google Local Guide Program!

Calling all Seniors! Being a Local Guide is perfect for you! And if you are not a #senior citizen, spread the word, we need more seniors in the #localguides program! As a 61 year old myself, I find #localguides is perfect for a retired individual. It keeps you active and involved in your community. Also it gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of other seniors:

• By creating senior specific lists. For example, places in your community that offer senior discounts, or free senior activities and classes. 
  • By adding accessibility hashtags. Many seniors need to know where there is #handicapped parking and it is  #wheelchairaccessible and with #ramps. Perhaps a caretaker would like to know if there is a #carolinescart.
  •  By encouraging fitness through reviewing gyms that offer free Medicare membership and hashtagging them. For instance, #silversneakers or #silverandfit, as well as walking trails and more.
  • By encouraging a sense of community and accomplishment that comes with being a Google Local Guide #letsguide !

Seniors bring years of experience connecting with people. Here in this video, I detail my passion about the Local Guide Program, and encourage more seniors to join me as Local Guides!

Mandeville, LA, USA
79 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: We Can Do It - Seniors Become Google Local Guides!

What a great thread you've started there @lynneannec! Kudos for the creativeness. 🙂 The idea is brilliant and  the video too, it really made my day. I'll definitely follow the topic, as I'm sure that really interesting stuff will end up being discussed here.

Sorry for the edit, but I almost forgot to wish you Happy 4th of July!

P.S.: Cool tattoo! 😉

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@lynneannec さん、こんばんは。

素晴らしい投稿をシェアして頂きありがとうございます。

これから先の時代を先回りして捉え、その先の時代に準備しておくことは大変有意義だと感じます。

ジュニアからシニアまで使い易いGooglemapを準備する必要があると感じます。

Googlemap for junior

Googlemap for  senior

各個人個人の趣味嗜好が多様化するこれからの時代に備える必要があると感じます。

ありがとうございます。

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile
Connect Moderator

You're on fire @lynneannec I only feel old, does that count? Hehe. Love your work.

Level 8

@lynneannec

I just loved those rippled biceps of yours..  🙂 

Stay blessed!! 

Oh,  and a great initiative,  btw!! 

Thanks & love from India🇮🇳

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich,  I guess you feel old because your DP doesn't do you justice. 

JMHO. 

love. 

Connect Moderator

Great content and video!

Happy that you enjoy so much to be a local Guide!

@lynneannec 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Level 9

@955HIRO Are you saying that there should be two separate maps, one for juniors, or young people, and one for seniors or older people? It may just be the translation. Or are you saying the map should reflect every ones needs, which I very much agree with! If we somehow had separate Maps, at 61, I think I would still use both. I don’t know a lot of young people who hike 9 hours a day, have so much body ink, or energy as I do! 🤣

Level 9