Level 9

Re: Watch: The story of The 36-Photo Walk in Australia

@PaulPavlinovich I remember when you make your 3 parts photowalk Posts ,

I remember I read all the Posts , your story telling style is attractive ,

You are inspiring ,

Keep it up and see you at the top 🎖🎖🎖🎖👍👍

Level 8

Oh **####** !!!  @MarilynMooli Thats Huge Congrats.

Level 8

Congratulation @PaulPavlinovich Very Inspirational Post 🙂  Thanks For @LuisRG Sharing With Us. 

Connect Moderator

Anyone who is in SF on 10th of October will get a chance for a special Summit+ short 36 Walk. Keep an eye out for the meetup. I'll set it up after I know the Summit agenda to make sure we don't clash.

Thanks everyone for your positive messages. Organising a world wide event is quite hard work and your comments and messages make that very rewarding and for that I thank you. All of the walk organisers (both those who did manage a walk and those who were interested but for various reasons didn't do one) put in much effort and they to I thank. The event could not happen without those people and of course all the Local Guides that joined in around the world.

Level 10

Thank you @LuisRG for sharing @PaulPavlinovich's story of The 36-Photo Walk in Australia. Such an amazing story spur someone like me on to contribute more and more. 

ScreenSync_1502816139-1.jpg

ScreenSync_1503714748-1.jpg

@LuisRG wrote:

Google-Local-Guides---Day-2-Sessions-171.jpg

On Tuesday, we unveiled a big update for Local Guides: 10 levels (up from 5) and different amounts of points for each contribution. We made the changes based on requests from the community to have points better reflect the skill, dedication, and impact of individual Local Guides. In honor of the announcement, we’re featuring stories of passionate contributors all week.  

We’ve chatted with Nkenna Aneke about adding places (now worth 15 points), and learned about Wanna Ursiripant’s 9,000 edits (now worth 5 points).

Today, meet @PaulPavlinovich, who loves adding photos in Australia. He even hosts a meet-up series called The 36-Photo Walk. Since photos are now worth 5 points, he’s jumped to level 8. Watch the video to learn more and check out what inspires him below.

Why do you like adding photos on Google Maps?

For a multitude of reasons. I'm a user of Maps as well as a contributor. I feel that contributing is a good way to indirectly repay all the people who have put up reviews, photos, and updates that I use. It's a pay-it-forward to pay-it-back. I also like to share my photography with other people. Maps is a good medium for sharing images of places and foods where people can view them within the context of a location.

The final reason is contributing as a kind of immortality. None of us wants to go without being remembered for something, and while the people who look at images on Maps will probably never know me, a little bit of me lives on in the images.

How often do you add photos on Google Maps?

The answer is when it makes sense to do so. It could be daily or it might only happen once a week. If I'm at a place and either it needs an image or two, or I think my image would contribute something, I'll make one and upload it.

What else would you like to share?

Behind the scenes of Maps and Local Guides, there is an amazing team of supportive Googlers who look after us, read, and act on our feedback, encourage and motivate us and ensure everything behind the scenes is running smoothly. I'd like to take an opportunity to thank everyone in the team for everything they do. And a note to everyone who contributes to Maps: a huge thank you and well done you.

What’s your most viewed photo on Google Maps? Share the link in the comments below and stay tuned to read another installment of Local Guides Stories tomorrow.

Note: Interview has been edited for clarity.

Level 10

Well done @PaulPavlinovich, its inspiring to know that the "small things" you do is making BIG impact.

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Thanks for all your support @LuisRG the small things I do could not happen without you and the team.

Connect Moderator

It makes me really happy that you are inspired @SanyaOdare

Level 6

Great POST!

Level 7

Re: Watch: The story of The 36-Photo Walk in Australia.

Google review of Black Forest by Cdogstar Knowhole

https://goo.gl/maps/r6DcxxAdc5E2