b2xphoto's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Was my photo removed?

Some of my photos aren’t shown in public view. It seems like my photos of businesses’ buildings are most subject to being hidden/removed. In particular, restaurants at night with their neon signs on. These are shots I’m getting on a tripod and taking time with contrast and toning. Is there any problem with submitting photos that have a bit of a commercial look to them?

Idaho Falls, ID 83406, United States
15 comments
Level 9

Re: Was my photo removed?

@b2xphoto,

I also have the same problem.

But some photos return to normal after a few days and some photos seem to be remove forever

Not sure what happened

Level 7

Thank you for replying! Here’s one of my latest. It was displaying just fine yesterday. I feel like it should be a shoe-in. Nice photo, and the only one posted as of right now.C90384D0-F0ED-46F4-BAA8-B0611786554C.jpeg

Connect Moderator

Hi @b2xphoto

It sounds strange to me. As far as I know photos are not removed. Photos that not fit the rules are flagged as private, so are visible only to you and not to the public. To see if some photo is flagged, you should check your profile in anonymous mode. 

Ermes 

Level 9

@ErmesT

how to check my profile in anonymous mode?

Level 7

@Budisoft Go to your profile page on a desktop browser. Copy the url. Paste into an incognito browser.

Level 7

@ErmesT can you think of anything about my example photo that might violate photo policy? 

Connect Moderator
Level 7

@ErmesT They may have claimed the business, I’m not sure. I added the POI myself 2 days ago.

Level 10