AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Wanted: questions for our solar eclipse livestream

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful article @AnnaDickson 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Woow @AnnaDickson very nice Diamond Ring Photo of sun eclipse , 👍

Thanks for sharing 😉

You must wear special glasses to see this eclpise right !?? 😎😎😎

Level 2

It's going to be the only one for another 28 years. That's pretty cool, we get to see it.

Level 3

The partial eclipse starts in Casablanca about 18 minutes before sunset (18:49 UTC), and will reach about 13% coverage by sunset (19:07 UTC), so you'll get a partial view.  Unfortunately, the maximum coverage of about 27% will occur after sunset.  

The the only place where the total eclipse will be visible on land will be in a narrow path (about 100 km wide) that runs across the continental USA.  

The best tool I've found to check where and when the eclipse will be visible is at this page (with a pointer to Casablanca) http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html?Lat=33.56886&Lng=-7.....  

Another site that's pretty good (useful to check the calculations) is on NASA's site at https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/interactive_map/index.html

Both sites use Google Maps with the eclipse path overlaid on them. 

Level 10

Unfortunately we also can't see this eclipse in Iran like many other countries. But we'll definitely follow livestreams about this. This is so unique phenomena. I really appreciate Google's attention to astronomy and science.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator

Sweet - can't wait to catch the stream! I'll be trying to get a glimpse myself so maybe I'll rewatch it after it airs. Oregon is the perfect place to see it and although I can't be there, I'm glad the LG team will be covering it from there.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 6

Tudor a écrit :

The partial eclipse starts in Casablanca about 18 minutes before sunset (18:49 UTC), and will reach about 13% coverage by sunset (19:07 UTC), so you'll get a partial view.  Unfortunately, the maximum coverage of about 27% will occur after sunset.  

The the only place where the total eclipse will be visible on land will be in a narrow path (about 100 km wide) that runs across the continental USA.  

The best tool I've found to check where and when the eclipse will be visible is at this page (with a pointer to Casablanca) http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html?Lat=33.56886&Lng=-7.....  

Another site that's pretty good (useful to check the calculations) is on NASA's site at https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/interactive_map/index.html

Both sites use Google Maps with the eclipse path overlaid on them. 

Thx @Tudor for all informations.

Level 4

Thank you, Anna! The photos are fantastic!

Level 10

@AnnaDickson

Thanks for the post. Actually I don't have any question about the solar eclipse. Being a physicist I also have a knowledge about this phenomena. 

As you mentioned that the moon will completely eclipse the sun so it will be a wonderful experience for U.S. citizens' feeling the momentarily darkness.

It's a great opportunity to see sun and moon aligning in common visual angle. But you didn't mention whether it is annular eclipse or not.

Hope to see photos from there. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Level 8

Thank you so much for the information, and i have already set a reminder for the live stream. It would be 4 am here in India when the Livestream happens.PST Time  conversion to indian timePST Time conversion to indian time