TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wall of Love

Wall within a park, bearing the words 'I love you' in multiple languages & a popular meeting place.

https://goo.gl/maps/bYecwFWZ36k

Wall of LoveWall of Love

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Square Jehan Rictus, Place des Abbesses, 75018 Paris, France
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Wall of Love

Hi @TheEagleEye,

This is a very interesting wall. Did you see your native language there? I tried to search for mine, but couldn't see it. In Bulgarian we say "Обичам те" [obicham te].

What is the name of this park? Can you see lots of tourists there?

@KlaudiyaG I think you have been in Paris, haven't you? Have you seen this wall? : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@TsekoV Yes I can find English there, can you see it? It is in middle near the right hand side. When my wife and I were there it wasn't busy. It is not far from Moulin Rouge.

The park is Square Jehan Rictus.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 10

@TheEagleEye

Wow! 

Is there any particular reason behind this Wall of Love?

Have you gathered any information behind this?

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

@aaryesdee it was created by a couple of French artists in the year 2000. It doesn't symbolise anything particular, just their piece of art for the city.

It is free to see and there are other attractions around the area. You can view area and nearby attractions on Google Maps.

Level 10

@TheEagleEye

Thanks for the clarification.

Appreciate!

R S Dev

Hi @TheEagleEye,

It's super sweet, thanks for sharing.

In Pécs, Hungary there is a padlock wall, where couples leave their padlocks, and believe that they will be together forever. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

@Petra_M Thanks for information about the Padlock Wall in Pécs. I definitely didn't know about it so can add to my list of places to visit. It is a shame that a lot of cities are having to remove padlocks from bridges as they are causing damage. It would be good to have a padlock wall in each city and town. I may initiate that.

Is Pécs your hometown? I visited Hungary for first time 2 weeks ago and spent 2 full days in Budapest. It is beautiful city and people very nice and environment was very pleasant during day and night.

Hi @Eagle-Eye-360,

Thanks for the reply.

I absolutely agree with you about the padlock walls everywhere. They could be the the jewel of the cities. 

Budapest is beautiful with hundreds of monuments and interesting places. I would recommend you to visit Pécs, it's an amazing city and few years ago it was the cultural capital of Europe. 

My hometown is Eger, and I think you would like that as well. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Paris is full of love, that's for sure. I personally haven't seen this particular wall @TsekoV, even thought I've visited the French capital several times, I just didn't know that it existed. But now I do thanks to you @TheEagleEye. So next time I'm in Paris, I'll make sure to check it.

@Petra_M, there is a similar bridge in Paris called Pont des Arts, where people can tie a "love lock" on it and then the tradition is to throw the key into the River Seine, so that your love will never fade. I've heard rumors that the city have decided to remove the padlocks, as the bridge's railings collapsed, because of the locks weight a few years back. But like I said, Paris is the city of love, so if you want to experience that ritual, you can easily do it on the  Pont de l'Archevêché:

Capture: Pont de l'ArchevêchéCapture: Pont de l'Archevêché

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!