KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Walk with the Elephant Seals 🐘 at Año Nuevo State Park

@KimberlyAnnG  and @YasumiKikuchi  hopefully this coming up summit I can take some time off of work and we can plan a trip.  If some folks want we might be able to get some rooms at the Pigeon Point Lighthouse hostel. I still want to visit the other state park near Ano Nuevo.  If we can make a trip North of the Golden Gate to Point Reyes and visit the lighthouse as well.

Level 10

Wow @KimberlyAnnG @Twister411 
I have more fun to visit the US again😆!! We love fresh fish🐟

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Former Google Contributor

Hi @KimberlyAnnG,

I totally understand where you're coming from, however, I actually moved your post out of Meet-ups to Travel. I will however, tag your post for Local Stories, as well. 

If you're looking to create more awareness, why not arrange a meet-up with fellow Local Guides via Connect. Please feel free to check out How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @KimberlyAnnG,

What a wonderful experience! I've wanted to do something similar, but seeing penguins! How was this experience for you? Is this the first time you visited the park? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Bls: Walk with the Elephant Seals 🐘 at Año Nuevo State Park

Level 9

Very interesting post @KimberlyAnnG 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 9

@AlexaAC I have been doing meetups in the San Francisco Bay area for a very long time now. I was part of this program when it was called Google City Experts.  I was even invited and participated on the Meet-up Superhero panel for the very first Local Guides Summit.

I have tried on many occasions to use Connect to organized meetups with absolutely zero success.  I still continue to try to find other local Local Guides on this platform but to no avail.

You see, if they're not on Connect, posting it as an official meet up here will do no good. In order to get anyone to show up I have to use Facebook to advertise it. On the occasions I have used Connect to organize,  I have gotten responses but they were from people on the other side of the world and clearly could not attend.

If you could provide guidance on how I can get people that don't use this platform to sign up for a meet up here, I would very much appreciate that advice.  😊

Kim

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Hi @KimberlyAnnG,

If you find that arranging your meet-ups via Connect is not successful, please advertise and make use of your social media channels. Tagging Local Guides by searching your city/region, is also an option, however, this takes a bit more time. 😊

Level 2

Thank you for sharing this information!

Hi @spanishclasses ,

A kind reminder, you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!