purdypie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Wal-Mart

Has anyone experienced problems at the Wal-Mart store in  Anthem Arizona. I have had several very disturbing experiences there. I am wanting to know if others have. 

Anthem, Phoenix, Arizona, United States
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Wal-Mart

Hi @purdypie

Welcome to our Local Guides Connect community. Great to have you here!

This Local Guides Connect platform is used by many people from all over the world, chances are that those few people from your area that are active on Connect will never get to see your post. Did you know that there is a regional unofficial Local Guides Community in Arizona? Check it out here.

As you are new to our community, I highly recommend you read this post by CorrieD, with great tips on getting started.

Have fun and happy mapping!

Jeroen

Connect Moderator

hi @purdypie Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

I'm sorry for your bad experience.

Did you wrote a review in the maps page of the company? A review, even if negative, can help the owner to improve the quality of the service, and help others people in making the right choice.

As this is your first post in Connect, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hi @purdypie a review on Maps would be the main place to reveal your issues with the store.

I suspect this review is yours

"They sold us raw chicken from the deli my wife had to go to the hospital. I have had to wait in line for an hour then got a very rude cashier. My online account got hacked by the Russians. I bought a tablet online and didn't know it was from a third party it was a piece of junk. I have contacted Wal-Mart through email phone and letters they have done nothing about any of these issues. There is more too. I am done shopping at Wal-Mart. Going to check out Target Costco and several other retailers. Very poor customer service."

There are some features of this review that make a good review, the truthful first hand parts of it

• you were sold something you did not expect
  • you had to wait in line for a long time
  • the cashier was rude
  • contacted them by various channels but they have not responded

There are some things that you would really need to be careful with that might cause you issues from a legal perspective

• you had to go to hospital because of something you ate that was sold to you - you'd need medical evidence to show this
  • online account hacked by Russians - how would you connect this with Wal-Mart? 
  • tablet was from a 3rd party - everything is from a 3rd party - Wal-Mart is a big box store that sells things made by others for the highest price their local market will buy - if you expect anything but junk at the price of dirt then well, caveat emptor (buyer beware)
  • naming other retailers on the Wal-Mart maps entry is spam

While its fair that you air your grievances its important to stay truthful and accurate with experiences you can absolutely vouch for. If you slander the organisation they could take you to court about it. Take care.

Regards

Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich

Thank you for your constructive feedback to this sample review. It makes an interesting case study.

Keep up the good work 😉

Kind regards, Jeroen

Level 8

Can we get a solution check right on @PaulPavlinovich feedback haha 

My legal background went into full effect reading this review. Perfect breakdown on the pros and cons! 

@purdypie I am very sorry for your poor experience, it is very unfortunate circumstances. But rest assured that bad reviews written in good faith and truth will always be on your side 👍 If the review highlight by our good friend Paul is yours, please take into consideration his tips 😁

Another tip is that, whenever I get horrendous service, I will write to the district manger, regional manger, and overall manger, I always get a response.

As far as for your wife getting sick, I had a situation similar in a restaurant, I called my good friends as the health department with time stamped photos and records, as well as documentation of my efforts to resolve the issue with the location....they don't take those issues lightly....let's just say, a whole new takeover of the restaurant happened, they shut down for a week, did a whole clean up, and new manger, new kitchen staff where put in place hahaha THE TRUTH IS POWERFUL 

Connect Moderator

@DiAnaUS "THE TRUTH IS POWERFUL" - yes, very

thanks to both of you @DiAnaUS and @JeroenM

Level 5

THIS is my receiptTHIS is my receipt

Level 5

THIS is my picture Andrew mark CriswellTHIS is my picture Andrew mark Criswell