Dr_Mohh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

WEEKLY MARKET? YEAH!... BUT THIS IS SPECIAL

I came across this market in the town of Bauchi which operates weekly, that is every Friday of the week, and I decided to share with you because of its 3 unique and distinctive features which make the market interesting and special. Busy tradersBusy tradersMarket viewMarket view

1- The market has 95% of its traders women and 99% of buyers in the market are also women.

2- Unity in diversity. To make this point clear, the market comprises of women from different religions, ethnics, languages and cultures. Nigeria has over 250 ethnic groups where each has its special language for communication. However "Yoruba," "Hausa/Fulani," and "Igbo" are the 3 major ethnic groups. Traders in this market come from all those ethnic groups and many tens of the other minor ethnic groups. I want to show you that even with the differences among themselves, the women traders live in peace and love one another.

3- Exceptional pricing. The market offers the best of price on all what they sale and you can't get such price anywhere else in the town. Specifically on anything food stuff; both fresh and stale. Kid assists mommaKid assists mommaPeanutsPeanutsThey popularly call the market C&C. The women come from their matrimonial homes every Friday to make the ends meet. Customers can basically get everything in the market like foodstuff of all types, textiles, clothes, jewelries, home appliances, etc at a very cheap and affordable price. GrainsGrains

Hardworking mommaHardworking mommaPerishablesPerishables
Every Friday, the road along which the market is situated (Federal Low-cost/Railway road) experience high traffic and very busy because women troop from different angles to the market in order to enjoy discounted prices. Everyone loves discount, who doesn't? 😁

Lastly, I would like to say WOMEN ARE ANGELS SENT TO US FROM HEAVEN.❤️ 

8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: WEEKLY MARKET? YEAH!... BUT THIS IS SPECIAL

Hi @Dr_Mohh,

Just to let you know that I've moved your post out of the spam and it is now visible publicly. Some posts are being automatically marked as spam, apologies for that.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

I love your photos! This is a great idea for the women. Do they sell handmade things and food as well? I really like going to local markets as it gives you a broader look on the culture and city as well. Great post! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Wow, I love your HD photos @Dr_Mohh. What camera and definition are you using? Thanks for sharing photos and story. I agree with you, "WOMEN ARE ANGELS SENT TO US FROM HEAVEN".

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Connect Moderator

Hi @Dr_Mohh it's nice to read your post from Bauchi. The calmness, bright imagery and trading mirrors a peaceful city.

Please what does C&C stand for? Have you met other Local Guides in Bauchi? 

Let me know if you'd love to meet other Nigerian Local Guides on our whatsapp group.

Your photos are powerful!

Cheers

Level 6

Hi @DanniS 

Thank you for removing it from spam. I noticed that as well and I was surprised, and I really didn’t know how to change it. Thank you for doing that once more.

Level 6

Hi @TheEagleEye

I’m very glad that you loved it. I only use iPhone 7Plus camera. 😊

Best regards.

Level 10

Thanks @Dr_Mohh, they are very good HD quality. Keep up the good work.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 6

Hello @EmekaUlor

I am excited to meet you, I read a post on Twitter by Google Guide about the  amazing work you’re doing. I give you thumbs up and continue doing the good work.

Actually, C&C was a famous and prestigious boutique in the town of Bauchi which used to sale the best class of clothings, but now the boutique is no more, it is closed down. So, this market copied and started using that name because the market was first originated by the sellers of second-hand clothing “okrika” before it transform to the present market you’re seeing. The “okrika” sellers are still part of the market up to date.

I have not met any local guide in Bauchi yet, but I would love to. I’m planning to organize a meet up sooner.

It will be a pleasure to become part of the family. Share with me your contact number and I will talk to you via WhatsApp, you’ll then add me up.

Thank you so much and best regards.

Former Google Contributor

No problem @Dr_Mohh 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!