VitaliyD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Vitaliy Daniliuk here with my Local Guides story!

Hi, my name is Vitaliy Daniliuk and I graduated from California State University of Sacramento with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. I enjoy going outdoors, hiking, biking, and driving to new places! I also like technology and working with hardware and software, whether it be creating programs or building a server with Arduino or Raspberry PI.

Ever since I got my first smart phone, Google applications have always been available for me. It is only after I discovered the true potential of Google Maps, my life took a different turn. I quickly jumped on board with the Local Guides program and started writing reviews and posting pictures of places I have visited. The thrill was on and I noticed how the more I used Google Maps, the more interesting my adventures got. Being a Local Guide has opened new doors of opportunities for me. I started to try new food that I would not normally try. Also, thanks to Google Maps, I could help organize a trip across Spain with 2 other friends using the ability to organize lists and “starred places” features. Using Google Maps, I could freely browse the map and find an interesting destination just by panning and zooming in on an interesting area or landmark. I enjoy telling others about the places I visit by writing reviews and taking pictures of them. I enjoy giving back to the community; being able to share useful information and positive experiences is not only a good feeling, but also beneficial to our society. Every day, I learn of new ways to use Google Maps and the Local Guides program to help me discover new places and foods to try. Each day, Google maps challenges me to get out and explore the world and tell others how limitless life can be. Each day, a new opportunity arises to go someplace else and share my experiences with the world.

1 comment
Level 9

Re: Vitaliy Daniliuk here with my Local Guides story!

Hi @VitaliyD

Welcome to Local Guides and Connect community forum. 

Explore all sections of the community where you can check out the conversations happening among Local Guides.  

Please check out this section for some tips on how to use community. There is various type 'Discussion Boards'. If your post is not relevant with any discussion board you can post your discussion on General Discussion.

Tips for getting started:

• Before posting Search the community !
  • You may introduce yourself first with us on our April 2017 introduction thread.
  • Don't forget to add location with your post.
  • Choose a nice descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people, but if you found any same title (same post) on 'Subject' then please avoid duplication.
  • Choose the nice photo & a nice story to share with us at 'Share Your Photos and Discoveries' section which is relevant with Local Guides.

If still you have any problem, feel free to ask for any help or tips. 

Thanks for sharing your contribution!

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh