MiaMaria's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
  • Local Guides Connect
  • :
  • Photography
  • Visiting the zoo in Munich πŸ¦πŸ―πŸ¨πŸΌπŸ’πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‡πŸ’πŸπŸ πŸŸ�...
Level 9

Visiting the zoo in Munich πŸ¦πŸ―πŸ¨πŸΌπŸ’πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‡πŸ’πŸπŸ πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ¦“πŸ¦’

Hey guys πŸ€—

in Germany the weather is slowly but surely starting to change. This year we were really lucky and had a wonderful summer! I hope things won't change for autumn! 

I'm a passionate motorcycle driver and soon it's going to be too cold for a ride! From now on I'll use every sunny day to do a ride! 

This weekend I did a tour to the zoo in Munich! Check out my beautiful motorcycle πŸ™‚

my Ducati motorcyclemy Ducati motorcycle

Here are some photos of my visit:

elephantselephants

coral reefcoral reef

ice bearice bear

don't know the English namedon't know the English name

Regarding the zoo in Munich, I really recommend visiting it! The zoo is in a nice park area and lots of animals live there! It's perfect for families to visit because there are a lot of playgrounds! It's accessibility friendly!

I can never decide if I like zoos or not. On the one hand it's good because a lot of species are protected, people can actually see real animals and kids learn a lot from a visit to the zoo.

On the other hand some of these animals need more space! In their natural habitat ice bears go miles and miles every day. In the zoo its just not cold enough and there is definitely not enough space for them. Seeing the ice bear in the green grass kind of made me sad. And angry. Ice bears are an endangered species, climate change slowly but surely kills them all. Watching documentaries about that makes me very sad!

Well, these are just some of my thoughts! What do you think about it? Are you pro or con zoos?

@ErmesT check out my Ducati from Italy ☺️

@OSAMA @Jesi @ValeriaA_ 

I ❀️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
MΓΌnchen, Deutschland
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Visiting the zoo in Munich πŸ¦πŸ―πŸ¨πŸΌπŸ’πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‡πŸ’πŸπŸ πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ¦“πŸ¦’

Hey @MiaMaria

Love your Ducati. The first real motorcycle of my dad was a Ducati too, even if where I live, near Treviso, everything is Aprilia, as the factory is minutes (by car) to my house.

Nice photos of the zoo, and hard question too. Well, my thought is that the zoos should be slowly eliminated, and right now they should be used only for giving an hous to animals that are saved from the commerce of wildlife. We don't need to see a white bear on the grass or, at least, I don't

Level 9

Re: Visiting the zoo in Munich πŸ¦πŸ―πŸ¨πŸΌπŸ’πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‡πŸ’πŸπŸ πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ¦πŸ¦“πŸ¦’

nice wonderful post @MiaMaria added to our to do list when visiting Munich  with family

i like your thoughts about the home of the animals at the end its not there nature home , 

about me i like them and even watch movies about zoos the last one is Rampage πŸ™‚

for me and for my kids we enjoy zoos so much , one funny story happend with us in Abu dhabi Zoo in UAE

they give you opportunity to  feed the lambkin "baby of the sheep" i took the milk bottle and gave my daughters and the lambkins start running following us my daughters start running too  in the zoo  it was really fun πŸ™‚

next time take a selfie πŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20180503-190225.jpg

@VBenedict check this nice post πŸ™‚

Level 9

@ErmesT I think I agree with you! Thanks!

My Connect Profile
Level 9

@OSAMA that's a funny photo! I'm happy to hear you enjoy zoos!
Let me know when you make it to Munich πŸ™‚

My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

@MiaMaria I'm glad the weather is nice there, I hope it stays that way. And nice motorcycle πŸ™‚.

I like zoos because it gives a chance to see animals in real life that otherwise would be difficult to see, you would have to travel to their natural habitat and that isn't possible for everyone. It's a nice learning experience for kids too. But I also think that animals should only stay in zoos if they can't adapt to their natural habitat, are recovering from an illness or injury, or maybe if their species is endangered. And only if the zoo takes very good care of them.

A few years ago I went on a school trip to the province of Mendoza and visited their zoo, we saw many birds, monkeys, and more animals but only one polar bear. It was just walking back and forth about three steps each way, it didn't seem like it was okay. It can be very hot in that province and we were in spring so it wasn't the right temperature for it. He did have a pool but he wasn't using it for some reason. A year later he died because of the heat, his habitat wasn't prepared to keep him cold under such high temperatures.

I recall another similar event happening with an elefant a short time ago.

I think that zoos should have the right budget to take care of a type of animal, and if they don't the animals should be taken away to another zoo or their natural habitat if possible.

The zoo of the city of Buenos Aires closed some years ago to become a park where people learn about the environment and recycling, but the park still hasn't opened and some animals are still living there under bad conditions..

Thank you for sharing your visit, for the interesting question and for mentioning me. And sorry for the long comment πŸ˜…

Level 9

@Jesi THANK YOU so much Jesi for your wonderful comment!

I totally agree with you! Animals should live under the right conditions! I really like the idea that the Buenos Aires zoo closed to change into a learning center but for the animals living under bad conditions in the meantime this is horrible...well, I can just hope that things will get better.

My Connect Profile
Level 8

Liked the bike ❀️ 

thanks for sharing though I'm against the zoo concept. 

Level 10

@MiaMaria thanks for sharing this with us. Your motorcycle looks beautiful!

Zoos are nice for seeing animals live, but I agree that their life is very sad. I can even say that the idea of zoos is obsolete! Nowadays there are many ways to learn about animals. With YouTube and VR you can see animals in much detail without having to pay for their caging.

Unfortunately I couldn't visit Munich zoo during my visit because I only stayed a few days πŸ™‚

Best wishes

Valeria

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

@ValeriaA_ thanks! You are very right! There are other ways to enjoy animals than watch their pitiful lifes in a zoo!

My Connect Profile