Aftab-A's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Visiting an ancient fort - The Rawat Fort

Rawat Fort an early 16th century fort near the city Rawalpindi of Pakistan, The fort was built to defend the Pothohar plateau from the forces of the Pashtun king Sher Shah Suri.

DSC000990.jpgDSC000991.jpgDSC001061.jpgDSC001071.jpgDSC001101.jpgDSC001111.jpgDSC001121.jpgDSC001131.jpgRawat fortRawat fortDSC001201.jpg

Aftab Ah
Rawat Fort, Grand Trunk Road, Rawat, Pakistan
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Visiting an ancient fort - The Rawat Fort

Hi @Aftab-A

I love ruins, forts, and ancient walls as they are a point of contact with the past history of a culture. The one that you posted looks in good condition. Is there any association in your Country that is taking care of preserve historical sites or building? Is there a fee to pay to visit this forth? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hello @Sorbe hope you are doing good, yes there is association who is taking care of such places and there is no entry fee to visit any one can visit without any fee.

Aftab Ah

Thank you for your reply and these precious information @Aftab-A

If one day you will plan to visit Europe I will suggest you visit Italy, and in particular the city of Lucca because it's one of the phew that preserves the entire walls from the ancient times that surround the center. 

A caption of the Walls of Lucca, ItalyA caption of the Walls of Lucca, Italy

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Sure ill visit one day @Sorbe...

Aftab Ah
Level 10

Level 10

Level 10

I love ancient ruins like @Sorbe , and if I have to say it all, I would go back in time just to live in the Middle Ages! The castles and forts were bright and majestic at the time ... and in the evening all lit only by the light of the candles .... without TV and mobile phones!

Your photos are just wonderful and make the idea of this fort very well!

Thanks for sharing with us @Aftab-A!

Bye,

David

Level 10

Thank you @davidhyno for appreciating me.

Aftab Ah

I am quite fascinated by old civilization, especially because back in the days they didn't have the same resources of nowadays to create fortress or building.

My dream is to visit one day the Walls of Adrian, in England. What about yours @davidhyno?