BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Visiting Yankee Stadium with my wife

Yesterday was a big day for baseball fans in the northeast as the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox played each other with first place on the line. Baseball is a very long season: 162 total games from April through October not including the playoffs. While it is very early in the year, any matchup between these two rivals brings out the best in both teams and when they’re not playing baseball, they might actually be fighting each other.  It’s safe to say that you're likely to get your money's worth when attending a Yankees/Red Sox battle.

Yankee StadiumYankee Stadium

On May 9th, the Yankees and Red Sox were tied for first place with the same record - 25 wins, 10 losses. The winner of the game would have bragging rights for at least one night. As a big Yankee fan, I decided to go to the game with my wife!  Here are some photos from the game.

Yankee Stadium is huge - It holds nearly 50,000 people and nearly every seat was filled for the game yesterday. The picture below is a small replica of the Stadium. This replica lives in the Yankee Stadium Museum, located on the Main Level (which is actually the 2nd floor).

Yankee Stadium ReplicaYankee Stadium Replica

When you first walk in, you find yourself inside the Great hall, which includes pictures of famous Yankee players from the past.

Great Hall: Field LevelGreat Hall: Field LevelGreat Hall: Main LevelGreat Hall: Main Level

The Great Hall is naturally a great place to take a picture with someone close!

Me and the wifeMe and the wife

My wife and I have a friend who works at the Stadium so we were treated to a bunch of great food and drinks. After all, the only thing better than a Yankees win is enjoying a bunch of unhealthy eats!

Salud!Salud!

The wife and I took the elevator to our seats and got started with our food. I had a small lunch so I was ready to eat everything and anything.

The cheap seatsThe cheap seats

You’ll never really eat healthy things at a baseball game but the food will certainly make you feel happy (if not a little guilty!).

First we started with the BBQ Chicken Sandwich, stuffed with coleslaw, pickles and some tasty special sauce. Not bad but the chicken was a little small for the bun.

BBQ ChickenBBQ Chicken

Once we got through that, it was onto the Burnt Ends Steak Sandwich and a side of spicy salsa chicken wings (SoOoO Good!). Unlike the Chicken Sandwich, there was way too much meat in the burnt ends sandwich so we couldn't take a regular bite until we ate around the extra pieces (not complaining 😏)

IMG-2557.JPG

All the while, the action in the game was unfolding and the two teams went back and forth exchanging runs and each taking the lead on separate occasions.  Soon enough the sun also went down and the stadium lights came on.

Yankee Stadium: NightYankee Stadium: Night

The stadium is beautiful at night. The crowd was energetic and loud and as always, I was a big part of that noise. All that excitement keeps you hungry and even with all the food I already ate, I had to have a hot dog. No baseball game is complete without a hotdog 🙂

Juicy Hot DogJuicy Hot Dog

As I mentioned, the game had alot of back and forth action and at the end of the day, New York prevailed! The Yankees are in first place by themselves and everybody went home happy! (Except for the Boston Red Sox Fans 🤣)

IMG-2589.JPG

Of course not everybody goes straight home after a Yankee game. There is always a little dance party at ‘Billys’ across the street from the stadium.  After the big win, I decided i’d pop in with the wife and another friend. While in line, you’re treated to all the cigarette smoke you can handle 🙂

Billy's Sports BarBilly's Sports Bar

Once inside Billy's, all that’s left to do is enjoy the music and have another beer to celebrate a fun night and a great win!

IMG-2595.JPG

I am not available to respond on the weekend
43 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Visiting Yankee Stadium with my wife

Thank you for sharing this personal experience. In fact I don‘t understand the roles of baseball....

Anyway, it is about common fun.

@BruceDM

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Lovely couple & great post 

Level 10

Very interesting write up @BruceDM. Great read up through the end. Thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us. The couple photos too look amazing :).. 

Level 10

Hi @BruceDM,

Thanks for sharing your visit to the Yankee Stadium. It seems to be a must see place in NY. 

We all know the cap with the NY but now we also know the stadium. 

This is great.

Have a good week end

Jul

Level 9

Wait a moment wait a moment @BruceDM , 

First let say hi and nice to meet you Bruce Wife , you have great Husband ,

Now come on Bruce , are you writing a post about Yankees Stadium or you want to maks me starving ☺️🙂

Ooooh My God ...

All this Yummy Mouth watering Fooood 

even if its a little guilty 😁😀😁

Very nice Post with incredible Photos and a wonderful couple , i enjoyed every word :-)))

Level 9

Hell @BruceDM

Thank you for sharing your personal experience here in connect.

Not a baseball fan but came to know much about Yankees.In India IPL is going on and match between Royal challengers Bengaluru and Chennai super kings can be related with Yankees vs Boston red it's called as south Indian Derby as it includes best players.

And also you both are great couples.

Cheers,

Shravan

Level 9

Hi @BruceDM Nice to meet you and your wife. 

I love this post because it took all of us along with you to the stadium, please don't forget to share the food round, we are salivating at the sight of the eatables 😂😂😂😂

Thanks for sharing...

A-Beta
Level 10

I am not a big fan of baseball game,but the stadium is just awesome and beautiful,seems you had enjoyed your time there,

You both are looking good

Thanks for sharing your experience with us @BruceDM

Level 9

Hello @BruceDM sweet and lovely couple.. Thank you for sharing visiting Yankee stadium...