AIMAN_SAEED's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Visit to Rawalpindi - Oldest Mosque

I’m a resident of Islamabad - Federal Capital of Pakistan. Living in Islamabad is a blessing given the beautiful mountains that surrounds it. Near to Islamabad is a city which is by the name of Rawalpindi, it is considered as a twin city of Islamabad as it is just 1 hour away from Islamabad.

Rawalpindi is that city which is considered as the hub of everything - be it cloth market or electronics or whatever you name it. But most important aspect of Rawalpindi is its rich history. I have always been thought about this city by my father because he was from this city before he moved to Islamabad. Very recently - my father took me to his childhood city where he was born and he especially took me to the mosque which was near to his home. Pakistan rich culture is reflected in the architecture of its historically significant mosques, no doubt. I was stunned when I saw that mosque (Name is: Jamia Masjid) - even though it was dark but still it was so magical. See for yourself

20181028_230547.jpg

This photo was styled by google photos ? 

20181028_230531.jpg20181028_230534.jpg

This masjid is one of the oldest mosque of Rawalpindi by the name of Jamia Masjid. It is a marvellous example of architectural triumph. The mosque is embellished with fine art and intricate tile work and detailed frescos in vibrant colours which have stood the test of time.

20181028_230547.jpg20181028_230553.jpgGiven I was late so couldn’t go insideGiven I was late so couldn’t go inside

Rawalpindi city is considered a bit old given its rich history so the building nearby were old.

20181028_180700.jpg20181028_180717.jpg20181028_180730.jpg

I also went to FAMOUS restaurant of that city by the name of QADEEMI MARDAN HOTEL ?

Though it looks unhygienic but the food was very good - that is the beauty of old places.

I made sure that I give good reviews on Google Maps - I was happy that it was already registered on Maps ? My visit was full of good memories and I was so happy to see many landmarks marked on Maps ?

Image result for chapli kabab of mardan hotel rawalpindi

Image result for chapli kabab of mardan hotel rawalpindi

20181028_224150.jpg

Rawalpindi, Pakistan
13 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Visit to Rawalpindi - Oldest Mosque

Nice post and great photos @AIMAN_SAEED, Thank you for sharing. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED,

Thanks for sharing your photos and information regarding your city. The place looks very interesting and exciting to visit. I've never been to that part of the world, but I'm very fascinated by different cultures and people and would love to go there one day. 

What advice do you have for first time travelers? 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks @Ivi_Ge, I'm so glad to share my local stories of my city and nearby areas. 

Level 8

Thanks @DanniS for kind mention. This place was the hub of Rawalpindi and still is. Near to this place is the commercial area where people from all walks of life (literally) come and shop for things such as Gold - why? because of all the old gold business shops are here. Also because of rich history, people love to come here and explore. 

I feel like through Connect Forum I along with other local guides can engage tourists to our countries and the way you said I'm glad that you would like to visit someday ^_^ 

As for fellow travellers - my advice is
1- If you want to see the rich culture and history visit this place for sure
2- If you want to meet the most humble people of Pakistan Twin Cities - come to this area 🙂 
3- Last but not the least - this area has the best food 😄 

Former Google Contributor

@AIMAN_SAEED thanks so much for your advice! I appreciate it 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AIMAN_SAEED

Thanks to share very useful info about Rawalpindi, I just visited two or three places in Rawalpindi, Raja bazar, and one another market where I visited for the famous food of Rawalpindi Islamabad  Kabab pulao and Balti Gosht.

But the pictures of Chapli Kabab make me hungry right now and it's 2.20am here 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for share and I hope soon we can arrange a Accessibility walk in any area of Rawalpindi.

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

That's great @KashifMisidia 😄 
Raja bazaar for sure is one happening place in Rawalpindi and sure let me know when you are coming, we will plan the walk accordingly. Also I will update you soon about my trip to Karachi - together we will have good local guide meetups 

Connect Moderator

nice post @AIMAN_SAEED

keep them coming 🙂

Level 10

Nice architecture. Chapli kebab and paratha seems yummy. Yeah exactly that's the beauty of old places. Two months back, I had beef and paratha in Kolkata; on looking the hotel was too small and unhygienic but the food they served was so delicious. Hope I can get it daily. 

Thanks for sharing @AIMAN_SAEED