ele's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Visit the Disney parks for free, from the comfort of your home, without long lines and humid weather

With the daily ticket at Disney parks now at $185/day, here is a nice announcement in the Google Maps blog: Google is bringing 11 Disney parks to Google Maps Street View, allowing you to virtually visit from the comfort of your home, without long lines, humid weather, and thousands of people.

There are a variety of parks to choose from, including Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios, and you can cruise around them freely to look at all the attractions and imagine you’d paid the entry fee and secured your special Fastpass tickets for all the rides.

While it’s all make believe, the Street View experience of Disney parks could come in useful if you’re a particularly meticulous planner Some of the Disney Street View locations are right here:

Hope you try it, and you enjoy Disney for free.

Other articles on Local Guides:

It’s January 2028. How will the Google Maps look like ten years from now?

Are we contributing to the right platform? Is Google Maps winning with users? The threat of Facebook

Integration of Google Maps with Walmart/ Target/ Home Depot Inventory and Google Express

Ten Key Ingredients of Google Maps: Ingredient 1 – The “Search By location” useless project

Help with your hypothesis: A clear "How to" for a photo to be picked as main pic for a location.

7 comments
Level 10

Re: Visit the Disney parks for free, from the comfort of your home, without long lines and humid wea

Hello @ele,

Thanks for your great post. It gave me the opportunity to visit American Disney Parks. I knew the french one and now I know the american one.

Level 8
Level 8

Re: Visit the Disney parks for free, from the comfort of your home, without long lines and humid wea

@Julien44 From what you see - any obvious differences? 

I know each Disney is trying to infuse the local flavors. For example the main ballroom at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is exactly 888sqm, a nod to the 888 wealth magical Chinese number.

Many baguettes, wine and bicycles in the French Disney park? I fully expect Ratatouille to get its own ride. 

Level 8
Level 8

Main reason I'm asking about the French flavor is based on a the comment from one of your theater directors, Ariane Mnouchkine.

When Disney opened in Paris, she criticized the EuroDisney as "cultural Chernobyl" and was very against about the decision to open the European branch of the theme park in Paris.

Did Disney change the park a bit after that? 

Level 10

@ele 

It looks quite similar even if they are a bit different, especially the magic kingdom and the street behind. Please have a look here:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8722819,2.7772003,3a,45.2y,325.09h,93.78t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s1wZzC9C...

For the rest, there are differences for sure 😉

Level 10

It looks quite similar even if they are a bit different, especially the magic kingdom and the street behind. Please have a look here:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8722819,2.7772003,3a,45.2y,325.09h,93.78t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s1wZzC9C...

For the rest, there are differences for sure 😉

Level 8
Level 8

Just watched this, looks similar to the Orlando Disney Wold. The railway station at the entrance looked different. 

Former Google Contributor

Your post led me to discover the entire log of 360s of Disney Parks & Resorts. Quite an overload but #notcomplaining

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.