Shilpitewari's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Videos and photos are deleted from feed but seen at place

A video I uploaded was getting quick views and then suddenly it disappeared from my feed list even though the video is available at the place. Same issues with other posts too.

I saw others having the same issues. Do they ever come back in he feed? It is quite demoralizing. My views reduced by half

Delhi, India
16 comments
Level 10

Re: Videos and photos are deleted from feed but seen at place

Hello @Shilpitewari,

As you have mentionned it, there issue with google maps. The team is working on it.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Known-Issue-Google-Maps-3-15-18/m-p/688564#...

You shouldn't worry too much as it should come back to normality soon.

As it is your first post, I would suggest you read this post with tips on how to use local guide connect:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Tips-Using-Local-Guides-Connect/m-p/356#M6

There is also the help desk here:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/bd-p/Community

You can aslo introduce yourself in this post:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Introduce-Yourself-March-2018/m-p/658034#M1...

I hope this will help you.

See you around

Jul

Level 6

Thankyou

Level 10

@Shilpitewari You are welcome.

Please don't forget to tagg with @ + name in order to follow easily.

Thanks and see you around

Jul

Level 6

Just realised that the link you posted says the issue has been fixed but that is not so

Level 6

The top thread by @BruceDM says the issue is resolved however it is not so. I just had the same issue a couple of days back as mention in the quoted message.

Can you please help. I have a large database but such glitches makes us feel demotivated.

@Shilpitewariwrote:

A video I uploaded was getting quick views and then suddenly it disappeared from my feed list even though the video is available at the place. Same issues with other posts too.

I saw others having the same issues. Do they ever come back in he feed? It is quite demoralizing. My views reduced by half

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Shilpitewari,

Thanks for sharing this information with me and i'm sorry to hear about your issues.

I need to confirm the below before proceeding to investigate your case.

Can you tell me if the videos are listed in your contributions but not at the place itself?  If that is the case, the videos were marked as private and are only visible to you because they may not adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy.  When it comes to photos or videos you share, you'll want to make sure they are high-quality contributions or they may sometimes be marked as private by internal filters.

Per your post it sounds like you're saying the video does not show in your contributions but does show at the place - please let me know which it is and if possible, share screenshots. Thank you!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Thanks for replying @BruceDM

The second one is correct. The video does not show in my contribution but it does show at the place and was gathering fast views and it is the second video in the list. I have also checked by logging into other account. The video is visible at the PoI but not in my contribution. 

I noticed this particular one because of fast views but there are definitely more images that went missing because the drop in views was more than 900 but rathaus video had grossed about 500 views till then. However I can't place which ones are these as I had uploaded quite a few.

Attached is the screenshot. Place : Rathaus, Vienna. Night drive shot of 14 seconds.Screenshot_20180321-001513.jpg

Screenshot_20180321-000514.jpg

Similarly I uploaded the first photo of Navnirman Apartment but the trailblazer badge is not recognizing it.

Thankyou for your effort. Kindly resolve.

Level 6

Hi @BruceDM

After my last post, I have seen that the trailblazer has identified my pics. 

Also if someone else visits my contribution they can see the Rathaus video in my profile but I cannot still see it in my own feed. 

Other Issues I am still facing 

1. Photographer badge's impact counter is stuck at zero and hence hasn't got active despite criteria being met.

2. Photo views displayed on top in my contribution list is less than the total views of 2 of my photos while I have uploaded above 120

3. When others see my photo contribution list the views counter as well as the number of photos uploaded shows a different number.

4. The number of places in the ohotigraphers badge shows approx 10 less places I have contributed to.

Thankyou for correcting the trailblazer.

Hoping to see the glitches disappear asap

Regards

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Shilpitewari

Pardon the delay and thank you for sharing this. Due to some of the issues we experienced a few weeks ago, it is possible that some glitches are still being worked out as it relates to statistics.  I'm looking into all of these now. 

I do see the Rathaus video on your contributions as well. The issue of contributions being visible to the public but not in your contributions as well as the badge statistics not updating will be shared with the appropriate engineering teams.

I ask for your patience while the teams investigate what is happening.  You should expect to see all counts normalize once any irregularities are identified.

I am not available to respond on the weekend