Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

I love add videos in the maps, and now its possible for SV app.its going to be something great,sure I will try.

Thanks for the news @Yohanad.

Level 10

@Yohanad Thanks! It's finally here. Many of us have been waiting for this. Can we have a updated list of upcoming-supportable cameras for this feature?

The list on the site still shows all the older cameras at the moment https://www.google.com/streetview/publish/

Even the Theta V has not been updated in the list above yet.

Level 10

@NFN 🙂 .. I love my MiSphere, it's my go-to camera for all things 360 at the moment.. unfortunately it's not certified to work with StreetView app at the moment, so  this SV feature won't work with the MiSphere.

There should be a new firmware for the MiSphere to bump the video to 4K resolution coming out in a while, and hopefully the MiSphere team will try to get it certified with SV, no guarantee though. 

*Unfortunately neither will the LG360 Cam do this, the max resolution from LG360 is 2K video. For this feature requirement, it will need at least 4K-360 video, and also Street View mobile-ready or Street View Auto-ready certified.

Level 10

@AkmalB 🙂 .. For this, we will need a Street View mobile-ready or Street View Auto-ready certified 360-camera. Which records at least 4K-360 video, which the StreetView app will take the video feed and chop into multiple 360 photos based on location and upload as Street View images through the SV app. 

Currently only the new Ricoh Theta V is supported with this feature. (about USD 450 in our country)

It's a great camera to invest in, if you are keen to do this. 

I was asking earlier for a list of updated certified 360-cameras that may get this feature soon, so we could look at other "cheaper" options.

Level 10

In case of Mi Sphere can I capture it using the default app and rescale the video manually and upload it from street view app? @LucioV which API were you using? Did you write any wrapper code?

Level 10

Thanks @StephenAbraham for useful details and information. We can discuss this point on our upcoming event ,so the other members get benefits from your information. 

Have a nice day 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot @Yohanad, Great news!!  Look forward to seeing my test result.

THETA VTHETA V

See you later.

Toyo

Level 6

Betreff: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Hi @all hi @Yohanad,

Is there an example where we can see this already? 

Greetings

Dirk

Level 10

Amazing! I will need to consider buying Theta V. 

Level 10

Any test online? Please share your street view i want to see how poor is the quality... and what about blur?