Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Hello @TPA360 !

This time your test results definitely looks better compare to the previous attempt but there is issues to be resolved.
Welldone & Goodluck for your future attempts, I'm personally really thankful to you for sharing with us your developments in detail 🙂

@Lajos_J_Hajdu bro you have save me some $$ with your feedback, if not I would have bought a Theta V 

@Yohanad I wonder if we can build/create those blue lines in outdoors without a Theta V , any help regarding this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone for keeping this thread alive & bringing your ideas to life 

Cheers

Level 9

@Haseeb wrote:

@Lajos_J_Hajdu bro you have save me some $$ with your feedback, if not I would have bought a Theta V 

Hi @Haseeb,

Ricoh Theta V is a very good camera, the problems I am describing these are software problems, StreetView do not handle videos properly yet. This is a new feature, it would be a wonder if initial problems were missing completely. That is why I was offering cooperation to run tests and describe the results. This should not be run via the forum, just because similar report as mine would scare away LGs as you did draw. a hasty conclusion.

I recall when in October I borrowed a Theta S via the lending program it would not even communicate properly with my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. I was forced to fall back to my old Galaxy S4 without simcard to be able to shoot photosphaeres. But a few weeks after I reported the phenomenon suddenly it worked (there was even a Samsung major upgrade too). 

The theta is great for Street View, but it is more fun for properly arranged selfies. Having a dinner at a round table, a nice chandelier above the table and the theta in the middle a table on a short stative will give you an amazing picture. Facebook already handles correctly but these look ok even as flat ones.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2003347809675687&set=a.134422836568203.22912.100000014622937...

However I think the wifi connection between the camera and the phone is unnecessary gimmick, a cable connection would be much better, you must keep the camera away from your body anyway, the stick could hide a cable and the base could harbor a power bank. When I am dreaming up a wish-list than it would be nice to have a gimbal stabilizer designed for theta (i.e. as narrow as possible near the camera). Ricoh developed a stereo microphone, I do not see the direct use under the camera. The greatest problem I recognized is that the camera is blurry when the light conditions are not very good. When there is not enough light the exposition will take much longer time, if you have a rhythm in your photographing than you lowering the camera from above your head and the camera tweeting into your face because of the delayed exposition. I planned to compile a Theta for Dummies but the knowledge is very volatile because of the very intensive development, the products are not mature yet.

But you will be a pioneer with your sphaerical camera, after five years it will be no sensation at all, but today you can flood Maps, your friends with amazing photos.  Buy it! But you can buy on ebay a not damaged Theta S too. Tech has very short lifespan, you can do a lot with an older model at half of the price.

Lajos

Level 9

Hello @Lajos_J_Hajdu first of all thanks alot for taking your precious time to explain the issue in detail, I really appreciate it 🙂
Just to clarify when I mention you saved me $$ I meant it for now. As the process of software development/other technical things taking time to be on path.
Well, I own a xiomi mijia for now as it definitely beats the result in sense of stabilization & resolution of theta V. I would really reconsider buying a street view ready cam once this video thing opt starts generating high end results.

As for my native country Pakistan there's no street view available for now. All we have got is the photospheres, uploaded by volunteers. I've much larger plans to upload at least a 100km of street view in my native city which definitely required some serious efforts. Soon will update this thread once I done with my upload 🙂

Anyway
I likes your dinner table photo, you all looks nice, best regards to everyone 🙂
& your suggestion about a cable connection instead of wifi is something 360 cam developers should seriously consider.

Cheers 

Level 9

When is a blue line connection not a blue line connection? 

@Stafford @Yohanad

Can I get an answer on this? 

User contributed Blue line is connected to Google Street View car blue line. (red arrow marks connections)

Google Chrome 15.png

No connection to blue line. (screen capture from Google Maps iOS app light blue line is Street View, dark blue line is mine - added for emphasis. 

Screenshot_20180118-185644.png

What needs to happen to make these connections be seen? 

Level 5

Hello, @TPA360

I found the tour you made and it's important to remember that there is no way of choosing if/how 360 photos are getting connected to Street View driving photos. That said, navigating through yours from Maps on Desktop, it's possible to see different points of connections with Google's Street View imagery - both from the parking lot and from the street itself. As the navigation from mobile is different, that's probably why you couldn't see it then.

Level 9

Hi @Yohanad, I do not believe you understood the question I was asking. I only tagged you to keep the engineers & PM's honest due to their poor record on forum answering questions and when asking to send additional information, not replying to the DM's. <cough>  @Stafford

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great new feature. So excited to try it on. I just got my Ricoh Theta S camera, and not sure if it will work because in the post is Ricoh Theta V camera. I need to research a bit more before trying...

Level 9

@Anonymous currently this functionality only works for 'Theta V' 

It's 200% confirmed 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shame. If I knew that I would order that. Thanks @Haseeb for info

Level 9

I'm moving my further discussion on this feature to the Street View general discussion forum.