Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Hello, @OmarBD

The video mode, currently, works only with the Ricoh Theta V. If/when this feature is available with another cameras, we'll update the Street View website and Maps Help Center.

For now, using the Gear 2017 you can upload the imagery to the SV app. Hope that helps!

Level 10

@Yohanad Thanks a lot! for your reply and waiting future update.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 7

I have a samsung gear 360... I can make videos from it?

Level 10

@kakagato1995 wrote:

I have a samsung gear 360... I can make videos from it?

No, sorry, at the moment only Ricoh Theta V is supported to produce SV using Video recording in 4K

Level 10

Hi @Yohanad really want to start trying this mode to update SV, have a lot of requests.

But I've done some equipment investment in the last year, and I would like to ask you if the support for Garmin VIRB 360 is in roadmap, before going to buy another toy 🙂

Thanks a lot!

Lucio

Level 7

samsung gear 360 also does that. Do you think that in time she will endure it? I wanted so much to make videos ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Level 10

@kakagato1995 wrote:

samsung gear 360 also does that. Do you think that in time she will endure it? I wanted so much to make videos ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Hi @kakagato1995 please note that here we are talking about specific video mode, with 4K video and Street View extracted from video: actually this mode is available only for Ricoh Theta V camera.

Level 7

Is because the gear 360 also make videos in 4k, I had maked today and the format was 4k

Level 10

@kakagato1995 wrote:

Is because the gear 360 also make videos in 4k, I had maked today and the format was 4k

Sure. Maybe in the future will be supported. Also my Garmin VIRB 360 makes 4K movies (up to 5.7 K) but control needs to be directly from inside SV App.

The SV API are able to use the video stream, offline, to extract data for Street View, but this is still to be tested.

Level 9

@Yohanad wrote:

Have you ever wanted to contribute your own Street View on Google Maps? Well, you can do exactly that with the Street View app and a 360 camera! And if you’ve reached Level 6 or higher (or are a Street View trusted photographer) and have a Ricoh Theta V camera, you’ve got early access to a great new feature: video mode

In video mode, you can take a 360 video and the app will turn it into a series of connected Street View photos covering your route. It's all automatic!

What you’ll need: the latest version of the Street View app and a Ricoh Theta V camera. For detailed instructions, please refer to the Help Center.

• Tip: Position the camera above your head so your audience can clearly see everything around you.

Let us know: How is video mode working for you? Share your feedback through this form, report feedback in the app, or comment on this post.

Screenshots showing video being recorded in the Street View app on an Android device

Lovely, congratulate to the team. My proposition from yesterday about "path view" is probably obsolete.

Very curious how the jittery GPS coordinates will be handled. This method would be very useful to map up a mall. We just need to get the GPS position OK at the beginning and the end of the video sequence. Will there be a tool available for the Trusted Photographer (TP) to tho the adjustment? Inside a building the GPS won't work, the TP need a map of the building to push the start pin into correct position before start filming. Similarly the end point too should be fixed correctly in order to achieve good results. Such a sequence deserves own name (e.g. Maxwell Mall level 2, passage West-East 2017). The date is not necessary but useful because shops disappear, or move around in the mall.
The method is excellent to map up a small sideroad where the Google car did not turned into. What method is recommended to stich this new route map into the already existing Streetview route? Do I need to start at the nearest X on the street?