Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@StephenAbraham Thanks for the tips I appreciate it. I got the codes as well. Thanks a lot bro !

Level 9

Thanks for this much needed & useful article at first place @Yohanad

@LucioV Garmin is far expensive then theta v & yet it's not a complete solution when comes to sv ready (as far as my knowledge concerns) correct me if I'm wrong

@StephenAbraham thanks for your explanation in simple words 😄 it helps to understand the algorithm in a more simple way, currently I'm holding my purchase for the next 360 & really hope that this sv video thing will have more certified camera's soon.

Personally I don't really prefer theta v because of it's low resolution.

Level 8

thanks for tips @Yohanad

am on my way to find this camera, I cant wait to share my videos to the world to help others. 

Level 6

@Yohanad
What are the requirements of free space per minute of recording?
Will the app do the "cut-out" of photos or will the entire video be sent to your servers for processing?

Regards,
Patrick

Level 9

thank you @Yohanad , to be street view trusted is one of my 2018 goals :))))

Ricoh Theta V camera = more than 430 $ 😉

is there any way to give it as a gift for some active  local guides ???!!! as i noticed many comments from great members not have this camera and they are doing great job on map :)))

Googler

Hi everyone,

The bare-minimum spec for this feature is 4K resolution video as well as integration with the Street View app.  As you probably know, resolution isn't everything and so we are also picky about image quality before we grant camera certification.

So far only Ricoh has completed integration with the app and released a product (Theta V) with sufficient resolution for this feature.  Of course we are looking at many other cameras as well and look forward to supporting video mode with even more options in the very near future.  If there are cameras you really like that produce high-quality 360 video then please let us know so we can take a look ourselves.

Level 9

Sure @Stafford as some of the camera's has been mentioned here like gear 2017, lg cam360, garmin, xiomi mijia 360.

Anyway it's a really good news that google would be adding up the no of camera's to its sv certified list. Now it's up to the manufacturers to meet the requirement.

Thanks for news.

Cheers 

Level 10

If there are cameras you really like that produce high-quality 360 video then please let us know so we can take a look ourselves.

@Stafford try adding support for Xiaomi Mijia Mi Sphere is all time favorite sub $200 camera and probably a lot of people have it. Due to its slow development cycle, We are yet to get 4k and a few promised updates. According to Youtuber's Ben Claremont (Life in 360) and Mic Ty (360rumers), Xiaomi was the categorized as the best 360 Shooter among $1000 category. ( this was before the GoPro Fusion was shipped)
Hoping at least Google will add support working with MadV closely 

PS 360 Gear review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNnglfXuKg

Level 10

Hi @Stafford The Mija Sphere is a great camera, please let the team look into that as well.

Level 10

Dear @Yohanad

Wonderful, I hope to do it

Can I help me “ insta360 Nano “

Majidmadsdi