Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Have you ever wanted to contribute your own Street View on Google Maps? Well, you can do exactly that with the Street View app and a 360 camera! And if you’ve reached Level 6 or higher (or are a Street View trusted photographer) and have a Ricoh Theta V camera, you’ve got early access to a great new feature: video mode.

In video mode, you can take a 360 video and the app will turn it into a series of connected Street View photos covering your route. It's all automatic!

What you’ll need: the latest version of the Street View app and a Ricoh Theta V camera. For detailed instructions, please refer to the Help Center.

• Tip: Position the camera above your head so your audience can clearly see everything around you.

Let us know: How is video mode working for you? Share your feedback through this form, report feedback in the app, or comment on this post.

singlevideo_framed.pngblueline_framed.png

Screenshots showing video being recorded in the Street View app on an Android device

254 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari,

Thanks for reaching out.

Regarding your inquiry, please make sure to follow the instructions regarding taking video with the Street View application.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks. Will have to try this. Using LG 360. And soon Mia mi sphere!

Thanks for the tip

Connect Moderator

Es una gran opción @Yohanad y mas aun que la puedas hacer directamente desde Google Maps, ya estoy ansioso por probarla, veré que puedo hacer y después comparto mis experiencias, gracias.

saludos Farid.

Connect Moderator

Wow, @Yohanad

Thanks for this beautiful news. 

I was thinking about to buy a 360 camera as a self gift for Christmas, so now I know which camera I have to buy. I'm going to order the camera asap, i can't wait to see the results in some beautiful path that is not mapped yet.

Thanks 

Ermes 

Level 9

My mind is blown.  I hope it extends into other 360 videos, as I have a Samsung 360 camera...

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

Great news, @Yohanad. Thank you to Street View team. Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 10

Thanks @Yohanad we were testing this through API, and I thought was only for 8K video. Integration with SV App is only for ThetaS? I think i could provide better SV using my 5.7K capable device, but I will have to upload using API.

Level 10

Great feature !!
Easier to use than the standard series of points!!

SV Portfolio : http://bit.ly/ContribKiko LinkedIn Page : http://bit.ly/KikoLI
Level 10

Wow this is  great news to hear, Just only 2 weeks ago i saw this feature and i was exploring it, like for real. @Yohanad Can you confirm again if this only works for theta ? I think my Lg 360 cam here is performing some magic, it is working for me 🙂

Googler

@LucioV the SV App integration is only for the Theta V at this time. 

What's your 5.7K-capable device?