Yohanad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

@eznoahn The current camera that works well and is supported well to produce Streetview mapping is the Theta V. It is not the least expensive camera in the category. The lens quality is one of the best and it is backed up with a form to let engineers know if there is a problem.  Other producers do not have this and the upload is done with an API created by the company that has to set it up.  Google is quality image focused and they picked Theta V for a number of reasons but will not say anyone is better than the other.  Google themselves keep increasing the quality of the images so going down will not help your work rank well in my opinion.  The Theta V is due for a software upgrade this summer to 5.2K from the current 4K.  There are a group of people here that use and experiment with the Theta V that post here for support that has value.  Right now there is so much that can go wrong so if you are buying a to shot a video for the purpose of creating Streetview mapping go with the path more traveled.  The GoPro would be my next stop up a level and then the InstaPro has an API set up and users here that publishing with that camera and the results are very clear crisp pano's when you have the revenue to support the investment.  Watching the camera review websites that is how I have formed my opinion. I bought the V for the Streetview function and then the other stuff it can do.  So some of it depends on your priorities. 

The question is not if it can be done. No one is blocked from doing it by Google but the question is how hard it is to get it done in the day to day workflow. I hope others chime in and comment for you I look forward to hearing myself. 

Level 10

Question: after over 1 year of the new "video mode" the bug of blue dots + blue line is not fixed yet...

I'm using the Insta360 PRO in video mode 8K with the insta360 uploader... and each time i can see the blue line + a lot of blue dots. After many months all the blue dots are still there... is there any solution please? thanks!

Level 8

Wait, have you tested the Yi VR 360 Camera with the Video mode? If so, do you have an example? I want to use the new video mode and so far the Yi VR seems to be the cheapest option. Thank you so much!

Level 8

@Yohanad, has this feature extended to other cameras yet, particularly the Yi Vr 360 camera? If so, do you have any example on Street View? Thanks

Level 8

Why Video mode option is not showing on my sv app. 

I'm a trusted photographer and currently I'm in level 8 than still  why this option is not available for me.

Please help me.

Screenshot_2018-12-19-14-14-15-167_com.google.android.street.png

Local Guide From India

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @SudhanshuTiwari,

Thanks for reaching out.

Regarding your inquiry, please make sure to follow the instructions regarding taking video with the Street View application.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Okay, I'm most likely getting the Theta V soon.

Has anybody used this mount yet

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075CXWPKV/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

and how fast do you think you could go with it?

Level 8

Can anybody confirm that the video quality has been upped from 4k 30fps to 5.4k 7fps?

Just wondering.

Level 7

Is this possible with Ricoh Theta V camera or i can use my YI 360 also, because its said above that a person got early access if he/she is level 6 local guide or trusted 360 professional?

Level 7

Hi. Can I upload 360 images and 360 videos captured by a device that not supported by the street view app? I mean record or shoot photos and then upload via SV app. Is it possible to do? Really waiting for an answer. Thank you.