ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Vallo di Nera - The Castle of the Valley

Castrum Valli (The Castle of the Valley) is the original Latin name of Vallo di Nera. Built on 1217, to protect the lower part of the valley of the Nera river, is a mix between a town and a castle, surrounded by a wall and towers.

Caption - Vallo di NeraCaption - Vallo di Nera

Inside the wall, narrow alleys, steps, arches, in a mix of rocks and flowers, grey and colors

Less than 400 people lives in the town, but the place is so beautiful, perfectly maintained, that it seems to be on the set of a movie.

Walking inside, you can discover some beautiful square

Three Romanic churches are built inside the town

We visited this place on the last weekend, as the town was part of the #CleanValnerina Meet-up, and we decided (with the idea of discovering new places) to find an hotel in there. It was a perfect choice. At only € 70,00 per night, the hotel was very peaceful.

Before to leave, we decided to add our small contribution to the town, for the others to explore and enjoy the visit. Here is our small Virtual Tour

Have a fun. Here is the album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bdsgbejuH73CoFQ8A

Ermes

8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Vallo di Nera - The Castle of the Valley

Some stunning rich history there @ErmesT thanks for sharing

Connect Moderator

La historia derrama por todas las paredes del pueblo, muy lindo post @ErmesT, conocer estos sitios casi ocultos en algunos lugares permite ampliar nuestra visión del mundo, gracias por compartir.

Saludos Farid

👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @PaulPavlinovich@FaridTDF

I am slowly discovering, one by one, the small Italian towns. I have been surprised by this place, that is also listed (I have discovered it just now) in the guide of "the best Italian Villages"

I will use this website for sure, in my future explorations

Connect Moderator

Amazing @ErmesT

I would want to retire there

Nice photos and very clean 360. May I ask which tools you use for 360s?

Connect Moderator

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ErmesT,

Very beautiful place, indeed. It is amazing how sometimes we people don't have any expectations about a place but in the end, we fall in love with it. Thank you for sharing. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @JavieraAu

There are a lot of wonderful place, I'm my country, the are simply hidden, or unseen, because they are surrounded by a lot of more famous places, like Spoleto and Norcia, just to mention two towns that are very close to Vallo di Nera.

To discover hidden treasures is beautiful, making them visible is the next step

Connect Moderator

Ho @ErmesT! I loves that Castle!! The stairs with the flowers is the best!! Thanks for sharing!!

If you want me to read your post or your comment, please tag me as @Cecilita so I can see it.

Buenos Aires, Argentina | Argentina Local Guides | My Google Maps
- New in Connect? Start Here!
- How to be more green? Click Here!
- Best Places to visit in Bs As: Click here!
- Social Media: Instagram | Twitter