Wow it is agreat topic👍👏

@localguidesegypt #localguidesegypt
@letsguide #letsguide
@connectlive #connectlive
***proud to be a local guide***

Have a lovely day, wherever you are!
Connect Moderator

Re: Using color to make your photos stand out

@Christina-NYC , love your color tips here! Didn't realize I am doing some of your suggestions already as part of my recent Holiday trip to Hawaii!

3. Focus on monochromic colors and 2. Capture complementary colors (red and green)

Caption:  Monstera deliciosa - grown for their leaves for interior decor. Caladium (Caladium bicolor) - Elephant Ear plant. On the mainland this is considered an indoor houseplant. But in Hawaii, it is easily grown outdoors for their interesting color leaves. Photos: @karenvchinCaption: Monstera deliciosa - grown for their leaves for interior decor. Caladium (Caladium bicolor) - Elephant Ear plant. On the mainland this is considered an indoor houseplant. But in Hawaii, it is easily grown outdoors for their interesting color leaves. Photos: @KarenVChin

1.  Use color to express emotion

Caption:  It never gets tiring. Another early morning in paradise. Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii. Photo: @karenvchinCaption: It never gets tiring. Another early morning in paradise. Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii. Photo: @KarenVChin

@ermest  @FaridTDF @PennyChristie @OmerAli @MariaNgo  @HeyJoe  - my Local Guides photography peeps, do you have color photos that are examples of Christina's Color Photography tips?

Cheers,

Karen

Wanna see more Hawaiian flora - check out my Flowers of Hawaii

Connect Moderator

Thank you for asking @KarenVChin 

Well, I simply love this post from @Christina-NYC , and I love colours, and how the colours stand out. If you pay attention, you will see that a lot of shopping are offering the same view to their customers. I wrote a post, one year ago, just about colours in shopping.

Caption: Murano Glass in a Venetian Shop - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Murano Glass in a Venetian Shop - Local Guide @ermest

Caption - How to show coloured product in a sport shop - Local Guide @ermestCaption - How to show coloured product in a sport shop - Local Guide @ermest

Level 5

Beautiful pic! 😄

Connect Moderator

I love this post, thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and tips @Christina-NYC 

And thank you for tagging me @KarenVChin

Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki HawaiiHilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki HawaiiHere are some examples of my own photos:

1. Use colour to express emotionGapstow Bridge, Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny ChristieGapstow Bridge, Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny Christie

Gapstow Bridge, Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny ChristieGapstow Bridge, Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny Christie

2. Capture complimentary coloursVibrant complimentary colours. Close up of a flower in Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny Christie.Vibrant complimentary colours. Close up of a flower in Central Park, New York. Photo taken by Penny Christie.

3. Focus on monochromatic colourGreat Wall of China, Beijing, China. Photo by Penny ChristieGreat Wall of China, Beijing, China. Photo by Penny Christie

Forbidden City, Beijing, China. Photo by Penny ChristieForbidden City, Beijing, China. Photo by Penny Christie

Sunset from the back of a bus in Beijing, China. Photo by Penny ChristieSunset from the back of a bus in Beijing, China. Photo by Penny Christie

Level 10

@KarenVChin  @Christina-NYC 

I think I unconsciously do those things that Christina had mentioned. What do you think? 20190131_192154.jpg

Level 6

Thank you for very nice article! I completely agree with you!