Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bls: Using a camera grid to get your photos straight

I'm using Open Camera  to take picture. This apps has grid.

I love it

Level 6

Re: Using a camera grid to get your photos straight

This is actually so informative I didn't know that this was what the grid feature was for; thank you🤘🏼

Level 8

@Christina-NYC I love these topics there so useful and yet so easy and can make a great impression on your Google maps view list, my self I couldn't look at it any other way thank you kindly for sharing

Level 10

Really very useful tips @Christina-NYC thanks for sharing with us

Level 10

I really wonder how people take such photos and even upload them to the map! For example taking picture while we're inside the car may cause to a bad angle photo but I saw many people even uploaded such images!

In fact I was also in same conditions many times, but as I can I try to edit photo and rotate it in photo editing softwares to make it good as possible. Even if my photo be from very bad angle and even editing can not fix it, simply I prevent from uploading it. I know many people do it to get points but I never like points earned by a bad and inaccurate behavior.

Maybe the basics (Not exact idea because I'm not totally agree and we should discuss more on it :D) of this idea by dear @NABILazeez be kind of a help in this case to see less bad angle photos. I think Google can also prepare a artificial intelligent systems to prevent from adding such photos, Maybe in next years...

@HiroyukiTakisawa, I'm doing same 👌🏻

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Hi @Christina-NYC

Thank you so much for posting that great topic with us . 

It will help us to get a professional photos to upload on Google maps. 

The topic is very helpful .

Thanks for sharing .

Best regards

Level 10

Dear @Amiran

Totally agree with you.

I see that you never forget being a regional lead  who always care about making Google maps always accurate and free from spam.

Local guides should care by the quality of the photos they're uploading to the maps. 

Points doesn't mean anything rather than you are an active local guide but a professional local guide should only upload the useful , accurate and professional photos that helps the maps community.

Thanks for your tagging me dear and you are always welcome to.

Best regards

Level 10

Thanks a lot dear @NABILazeez, I'm always learning from good friends like you. Nice to have such accurate people in the community. This is really valuable for the map.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

Hi @Christina-NYC

Greetings from the Bangladesh Local Guides!

Thanks for sharing this useful post.

I hope it will definitely help the new and existing user to take a photo in a perfect way. 

Thanks again.

LetsGuide! 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Connect Moderator

Many MirrGreen bars show the camera is levelGreen bars show the camera is levelorless and DSLR also have level meters in the camera that will give you a great indication if you're photographing "on the level" both horizontally and vertically - they're both important to avoid strange shapes in your images.

For whatever reason this image has turned out upside down but it still tells the important story. The two green bars show the horizontal and vertical are both level. If either of them turns white it means the camera is not level and that it is slanted in the direction of the dots - the more dots, the more out of level.

Sometimes being out of level can be used to add artistic effects but from a Local Guides perspective generally for Maps a more documentary approach is needed so level is I agree quite important.

When you consider architectural photos if you're too close and slanting the camera upwards you end up with trapezoidal buildings which can be disturbing to the eye.

Regards Paul