moheenreeyad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Using Wikipedia to Prevent Fake Reviews

Local Guides & Wikipedia.png

Writing great reviews helps others discover the places along to keep their attention about it. But fake reviews can make people confusion and discourage using Google Maps.

Most of the times I have come across some truly fake reviews which never represent any idea of the notable place. It occurs often with some local places like someone's home, dormitory, courtyard, personal business sector, etc. Spammers are doing that for promotional benefits. Sometimes, I am surprised that some wrong information has been reviewed by the Reviewer, which is very disappointing. Here we should take this issue very seriously to prevent it. Reviewers should take responsibility and should not mislead others. And they should not review the wrong entry with the intention of increasing their points in Local Guides.

Here I am using Wikipedia to write an informative review, with their official name in specific words-spelling. Wikipedia can help, as well as meet confusion of notability and verifiability about most of the places.

Moheen
Bangladesh
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Using Wikipedia to Prevent Fake Reviews

Wikipedia is good but also"opensourse" so i think that you should make a review only of the places that you have been to. But for data wikipedia is still good.

Level 8

Re: Using Wikipedia to Prevent Fake Reviews

I can agree with you about that case. 🙂

Moheen