LucasKellermann's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Useful statistics about Google Maps and Local Guides.

Hello everyone! 

I have some questions about Google Maps and Local Guides, it's more about numbers, and I really think that it could be useful and valuable information for everyone here. So, here we go:

(Please, consider Google Maps as GM and Local Guides as LG) 

1) How much Miles or Kilometers of streets and roads have already been added on GM? 

2) How much LG there are worldwide today? 

I saw that I have a Badge indicating that I am LG, and that another 160k people also have this badge. So, does it mean that there are 160 thousand LG? 

3) How many places and locals are registered on GM today? And how many is added everyday? 

4) How many people access GM everyday? 

5) How many pictures was submitted by users on GM till today? And how many is added everyday? 

I think that's all for now... 🤔

I know that I abused of questionings, but most of them was already asked in met ups and other events. And, what can I say... I'm curious! 😅

I also consider that all the information asked may not be accessible to public sharing, but any single answer I would be very very glad. 

Thanks for helping, 

Sorry for long post and poor english. 

😉 

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
2 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Useful statistics about Google Maps and Local Guides.

I doubt Google releases any of that information into the public domain

Level 10

Re: Useful statistics about Google Maps and Local Guides.

You can find some answers to your questions in public speech for Google Next, Google Street View Summit in Amsterdam and other public events. Look in youtube 😉

Regarding badges and LG number, consider that the badges number is the MINIMUM number of LG, as not all the LG are on Local Guides Connect 😉