CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Urban contrasts: City looking like village and Graffiti on an abandoned factory

It may not seem so but you see Prague on the pictures below. On its outskirts, many areas have rather rural character like this. There are some brown fields too. And in this case they meet in a rather extraordinary way. One thing to add up to the contrast: the factory's address is "U Zámečku" meaning 'by a chateau.' Can you come up with similar examples?

DSC_0264.JPGDSC_0263.JPG

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Urban contrasts: City looking like village and Graffiti on an abandoned factory

Hi @CaptainHook

Thanks for sharing! It is interesting indeed. I must confess I got this feeling when I travel in Zone 4 - South East - here in London. It is less urban and the landscape gives you a country-side feeling. 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Re: Urban contrasts: City looking like village and Graffiti on an abandoned factory

Hi @MariaBi

Thanks for your reply. Would you be keen to share with us some pics of the mentioned area?

I've been to London just once and obviously wondered mainly in the historical centre and Greenwich - it was very enjoyable, I must say.

HI @CaptainHook

Let me dig out in my photos :). I could find this from Zone 3 - South East London, Sydenham, Behind Alexandria park and documenting an urban allotment area meaning a green area where to grow vegetables. Old bike - shared plot - Zone 3- South East LondonOld bike - shared plot - Zone 3- South East LondonAllotment - Zone 3 - South East LondonAllotment - Zone 3 - South East London

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Wonderful images,  @MariaBi, thanks.

Hi @CaptainHook,

I can definitely relate to your post. Here in Sofia you can see a lot more village-y scenery in the outskirts of the city. Same goes for the other few big cities. The contrast between the central areas and the more out-of-the-way ones is huge. If I find some photos, I will share with you.

Thanks!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Please, do, @NadyaPN

@NadyaPN wrote:

Hi @CaptainHook,

I can definitely relate to your post. Here in Sofia you can see a lot more village-y scenery in the outskirts of the city. Same goes for the other few big cities. The contrast between the central areas and the more out-of-the-way ones is huge. If I find some photos, I will share with you.

Thanks!

- Nadya