Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upload photos appear upside down

My photos are all rightside up, but when I tried to upload them onto local guides posts they appeared upside down.

Can someone help me with this?

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Upload photos appear upside down

Hi @Anonymous,

I would like to suggest you to read the following tips for uploading images on Connect. You could try to use the URL or use the option for HTML instead of the Rich Text Editor. You could try also to edit the size of the image and change the width.

Here are also some advises for you to manage your photos  and guidelines to upload.

Landscape or horizontal layout (more wide than tall) will generally look better than portrait or vertical layout.

Please follow the tips and try to upload it again. If the issue still persists, let me know. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous

depending of the type of phone, the rotation of the photo is sometime corrected directly by the phone itself, even if the photo is in fact rotated.

A simple way to check and correct the rotation is to use Google Photo:

• Upload your photo in Google photo
  • Check the rotation in there. If needed, you can open and rotate the photo directly with Google photos: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6128850
  • With the mobile, you can upload photos in Connect (with an android OS) directly from Google Photo
Solution

Hi @Anonymous,

I would like to suggest you to read the following tips for uploading images on Connect. You could try to use the URL or use the option for HTML instead of the Rich Text Editor. You could try also to edit the size of the image and change the width.

Here are also some advises for you to manage your photos  and guidelines to upload.

Landscape or horizontal layout (more wide than tall) will generally look better than portrait or vertical layout.

Please follow the tips and try to upload it again. If the issue still persists, let me know. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ErmesT  Sorry for getting back late.   Was away on the holidays.  Thank you for the solutions.

Level 8

Yeah, it happened many time with me as well. My “ minus” is I own no android OS devices, only IOS…

I’m harvesting what I sowed.

Level 8

Re: Your guide to Connect

Hi @KatieMcBroom ,

I have encountered few problems when using this editor to post an article. Is this the right place to ask questions about reporting issues? If not, please help me to move to the group where it belongs. Thank you!

1. I upload many photos at once and written the footnotes. After I clicked "Done", all those photos showed up one next to each other. And I there's no way to separate them.
  2. Few photos were rotated 180 degrees for unknown reasons, such as this one:
    This photo displayed upside down.This photo displayed upside down.

Thanks for your help.

Stonez56

Re: Your guide to Connect

Hi @stonez56,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'd like to inform you, that I'm merging your post to Upload photos appear upside down thread, from where you can get the needed information.

PS: In case you have a question or would like to report something, please do it in the How-tos section.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!