ColinUKtyke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Updating Satellite image - notification on 'Follow your World' not done - has it stopped ?

Today, 20 August 2017 , I checked the satellite image of a local town Newport , Shropshire, UK. I was surprised to see that it has been updated within the last month and now shows the five recently developed housing developments in Newport. I was expecting to have some form of notification on the 'Follow Your World' 

https://followyourworld.appspot.com/dashboard/

However it remains with no updates notified and the satellite image on 'Follow your World' also is out of date whilst Google maps shows the updated satellite image. Does anyone know if 'Follow your World' is still operating ?

Premier Inn Newport Telford, Stafford Road, Newport, United Kingdom
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Updating Satellite image - notification on 'Follow your World' not done - has it stopped ?

Hi @ColinUKtyke,

'Follow Your World' is an app that has no affinity with Local Guides so we are unable to help from this end. I would suggest reaching out for help on the Google Maps Help Forum in which you might be able to find more information about this product. Best of luck!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

Re: Updating Satellite image - notification on 'Follow your World' not done - has it stopped ?

'Follow your World' doesn't work since July 2016!  I don't know why...

Level 8

Thanks for the hint - I have posted as you suggested and still getting a variety of messages!