RobAo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Updating Roads in Kenya

Hi @Corrie,

Following up from your blog post on Editing Roads in Google Maps, the functionality appears on my desktop and Android app. One issue which comes up from Kenya is that map issues cannot be fixed yet in our region. On the Nairobi & Kenya Local Guides page, this came up in three different instances plus several during a GDG Devfest talk. At the moment we get an error saying "We cannot fix issues in this region yet". Just seeking clarity, what are the blockers in the region which are holding back the feature? Can the users in the region at least submit the issues as certain Maps users get lost in the areas and would love some proper feedback?

Thanks.

Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Updating Roads in Kenya

Hi @RobAo,

Adding missing roads has a bit more complex system than adding POIs to a map, so we don't have this feature available in every region of the world (yet!). The reasons that affect the launch of the feature in a certain area van vary from technical challenges to local regulations we need to comply but our team is still in full force trying to remove these blockers to make more regions available as we know there's a lot of ground to cover.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @RobAo,

Adding missing roads has a bit more complex system than adding POIs to a map, so we don't have this feature available in every region of the world (yet!). The reasons that affect the launch of the feature in a certain area van vary from technical challenges to local regulations we need to comply but our team is still in full force trying to remove these blockers to make more regions available as we know there's a lot of ground to cover.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

Thanks for this, @GusMoreira. I'll share this whenever someone asks.

Hi @RobAoI actually left the Local Guides team in May but still participate in the program and contribute to Google Maps 🙂 Looks like Gus is helping you out though. Have a great day!

Level 7

Google should tell us the kind of problem tey face in these countries then we will do what we can to help to solve them and make map editing possibles in our countyries too.

Because Google Maps is the most complete and most used map in the world (precisely in Africa) and these mistakes on the road don't allow us to do many things.

Level 5

Thanks for the answer. I also had the same problem