MohammadGM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unwanted Experience as a Google Local Guides

We Local Guides are doing volunteer jobs for Google to help peoples.

Capturing photos, Surveying Place, Taking Interview , Making 360 photos are the common jobs as Local Guides.

We might have some Good / Bad Experiences regarding above issues.

Lets share Unwanted Experience as a Google Local Guides that we can aware of it and ensure the smooth Google Local Guides job.

Be Careful ,Photo: ShutterstockBe Careful ,Photo: Shutterstock

7 comments
Level 5

Re: Unwanted Experience as a Google Local Guides

Hi @MohammadGM ..

One day I was trying to get a photo to one shop so I was trying to take permission from the owner who kept shouting on me (: .. 

Level 4

Sometimes I made it a point to ask for permission from the owner, or whoever was in charged at the premise. That one particular time I decided not to ask, the lady who appeared to be the manager of the store asked me politely why was I taking photo of their pastries. I told her politely that the photos I was taking were to be uploaded to Google Map. Then I proceeded to ask her if she has heard of Google Map. She immediately became even more polite, and suggested to me to take as many as I want. So I guess it should help if you bring up the "Google" brand. Everyone should have heard of the name and would not hesitate to show some respect. Though be careful not to push it too far and claim you are working for Google. Just say you are a Google Local Guide and you were doing it for the internet community which in turn will help the business owner.

Level 6

Thanks for sharing. Good for me as beginner!

Level 8

Hi @MohammadGM @LantoniainaPhilippeR @DeanL @ZuhairM, I would totally check out the basic rules of the Local Guides.  It's a good resource to read about the do's and don't.  I am sure if we follow it, you will be in good shape.  Happy Guiding 🙂

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 5

Hi @rtsayles

As I mentioned I started to take permission before taking photos when I was attacked by shouts 🙂

Level 8

Oh no @ZuhairM, glad you are ok.  We live in a different world, always being vigilant is key.  It's a good practice to ask permission.  Happy Guiding. 

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 7

one day a shop owner was ask to add his shop on google map so its a great responsibility of me because he  was a great fling on me .....  🙂