AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Unknown place showing on photo contribution

I added a new missing business and together with the business details added a photo.  The business has not as yet been added now I have not received an email along the lines "Thanks for adding ?????? to the map" so don't know if this addition ispending review or otherwise and now I have a photo showing up on my photo contribution marked for an Unknown place.  Should I not at least have received an email saying that the addition is pending review?

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Unknown place showing on photo contribution

I agree @AdamGT

Actually, to speed up the verification / approval of your edit, Google Maps is asking to submit a picture of the front store. In my recent history of edits, all the new places added in this way were instantly approved,

In your case, you should at least have your edit in "pending" status on your profile, under the "edits" section. Of course, until the edis is approved, the picture will be associated to an "Unknown place".

Unknown place is shown also if a business is closed, but this seems not your case

Connect Moderator

Re: Unknown place showing on photo contribution

I must admit @ErmesT that I've never before submited a photo when adding a new business but thought I'd give it a try with this last one and sure enough I get this Unknown place photo problem!  The addition does not appear as "pending" or otherwise in "Edits", it just doesn't appear anywhere other than the Unknown place in "Photos".  I appreciated that until the addition is approved the photo will be associated with an Unknown place but would still expect both an acknowledgment email and a listing in Edits to indicate that the addition in pending.  In future I won't be adding photos at the time of adding a missing place.