JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Unknown Google Map Error

Hello @Corrie
I recently added a new edit to maps and after its approval once I search for the location it reffers me to another place not actually where I mapped. The location i mapped is
Transnational Bank Kapenguria Branch.

But once I search for this location it reffers me to locatio  in Nairobi City but not what I mapped.
See attached pictures

Please help me to figure out why it turned this way

Thanks

JonasK

Approved confirmation mailApproved confirmation mail

Approval confirmation locationApproval confirmation location

The outcome location once I search for the above locationThe outcome location once I search for the above location

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Kenya
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Unknown Google Map Error

@JonasKL Hi

I understand your Problem..

it may happens for many reason...

I saw this same  problem with my edits  ...

When any place approved automatically by maps generatic system it may happen... I think 

But for it don't worry,  This is very easy to re marked the place ikon using  Suggest an edits option on G maps.

So if u are right Correct this marker location.... 

Happy mapping 

Level 9
Level 9

I can't give a definitive answer but these points may help you make more successful edits in future.

The phone number your provided (+254202224235) belongs to the head office in Nairobi, which is where your search takes you to. It would've been better to provide a local phone number in your edit. 

In your edit you provided an address of 'Makutano Kenya'. That's quite sparse, I'm guessing if you went into the branch and looked at their stationery they'd have a more specific address maybe including Kapenguria - Lodwar Rd. Looking at the bank's branch directory their other branches have more detailed addresses - though this location doesn't appear, is this branch definitely open?

On a side note, when adding the name of a business on a new listing you don't need to include terms like Ltd, Corp, LLC etc

Level 9
Level 9

@MdShafiulB wrote:

This is very easy to re marked the place ikon using  Suggest an edits option on G maps. So if u are right Correct this marker location.... 

The pin in Nairobi on City-Hall Way marks a different branch. Moving the marker would be the wrong thing to do and create quite a mess