cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfair and Unnecessary Points Acquisition

Firstly Hi,

I'm Level 6 local guide. I live in Turkey and I want to share some of my observations and my opinions with you.

When I look to the photos which are uploaded by other Local Guides I can easily see that they're not useful and not helpful. The people, who are especially in Turkey, just take photos of everywhere and uploads them easily to Google Maps. The quality of the photos are really bad and most of them include their selfies with their family or alone.

When I see these people with higher levels than me I feel unworthy. Can't Google add a new option as "Includes Personality" then we can report these type of photos easily.

I look forward to you about your opinions. Please support me in this situation.

Türkiye
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Unfair and Unnecessary Points Acquisition

Hi @Anonymous:

Thanks for your feedback and noticing some of the issues on Google Maps. Have you had a chance to report some of the photos in question? If not, you can have a look on this post for how to go abouts doing that.

On another note, with your suggestion/idea, I encourage you to post them on Idea Exchange. This way, others who have the same thoughts can also join in a conversation with you and vote for your ideas.

Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked the link you gave me but there isn't such a thing that is exactly fitting for my problem. I'll go on with the Idea Exchange.

Thanks for your fast reply and your support!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Anonymous,

Thanks for reaching out!

Regarding your idea for the new feature on Connect, I agree with @Shirley, and suggest you post your idea in Idea Exchange.

When posting your idea, please make it as descriptive as possible, and remember to only add one idea per post.

In addition, if you see photos that do not belong on Google Maps, you can report them by following the steps in this article.

I am letting you know that I have moved your post to the How-tos section, so other Local Guides may benefit from the answers given.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!