Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unable to select multiple road segments on Dektop

Hello,

After year of unsolvable bug on App which is described here by @Anonymous and here by @blueren now the issue is extended to desktop.

Previously as @YK1001 was also mentioned we have this ability to use desktop instead of app but these days we're unable to select multiple road segments both on desktop and app. We can only select one segment or whole the road (which could be wrong and doesn't contain all length of real road because of different names of segments).

Multiple Road Segments Selecting.JPG

So is there any solution or is the team working on it? @AriMar @Atsukot 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
8 comments
Level 8

回應: Unable to select multiple road segments on Dektop

Hi @Amiran ,

Just checked with Android Maps on my mobile, I can seletect multiple road segments.

While in my Desktop Maps, I find there is a new UI for Reporting Road issues, such that only one segment can be selected.

And the selection method is not by clicking on the Road segment itself, rather, I need to click on the list of Road Names shown on the left of my screen.

Are you seeing the same in your Desktop Maps?

Level 10

回應: Unable to select multiple road segments on Dektop

Yes, I have that new UI both on desktop and app

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to select multiple road segments on Dektop

@Amiran  @YK1001  selection of multiple segments of roads issue is faced in most of areas, previously someone was saying that that he was not facing that issue in his city but this bug is a big hurdle in Local Guides way, Maps Support Team must resolve this issue as soon as possible 

Level 8

Select multi roads to edit??

When I report a problem on a street or a road like editing its name, how can I select all the long road?

I can only choose a part of it, which is separated by the cross roads.

Furthermore, before I can add pictures of the stress'name so my edit can be published faster. Now I can only report the problems. The maps will know better if we give it the road' s evidences.

Screenshot_2019-06-15-22-38-20-783_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Level 10

Re: Select multi roads to edit??

Hello @HoangDang 

Yes, You can only select one segment or whole road. To select all length of the road, after selecting one part you should use the checkbox "Select the entire road".

But this is no more than possible to select segments as the way we want. I described in this post.

Level 8

@Amiran sometime, the maps shows me the checkbox. But most of the time, no

Level 10

If it doesn't show the checkbox, it means segments didn't name correctly (in Map Maker) and so the only way is to select one and describe the situation in "Notes" of the road problem report.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @HoangDang,

As @Amiran mentioned above this has been discussed in this post. That is why I am going to merge yours to it just to keep Connect organized.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!