RamanA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Unable to redeem google drive

Hello, I got email to redeem level 4 benefit (100Gb drive space)... I can see the link under level 4 benefits of local guide but when i click nothing happens...

who can help me out here ... thanks

59 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Level 4 - cannot redeem storage, link is inactive

@RamanA @IgorK @SimoneB @piyavejw Thank you all for your patience and to @YK1001 for escalating. The team has determined the source of the issue and has fixed it. Please visit your Local Guide home to redeem your Drive voucher, which is now operational.

As a reminder, the Drive benefit is awarding to Local Guides upon reaching Level 4+ and below are some reminders from our Help Center

• Please be sure to activate your Drive storage code on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.
  • You must redeem your Drive storage voucher within 30 days of reaching Level 4. Note that we're only able to troubleshoot Drive-related issues within these first 30 days.

Thank you again for your patience and enjoy that Drive storage! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: Unable to redeem google drive

Hello @RamanA,

Welcome to the LocalGuide Community 

I would recommend you to visit this site and see if it helps you by clicking on profile and redeeming the prize 

https://www.google.com/local/guides/home

And there can also be a situation where you might have taken 30+ days in redeeming which means that you won't be able to redeem the code as it is expired.

If this doesn't helps then try this site 

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6345112?hl=en

Thanks!

Level 4

Re: Unable to redeem google drive

thanks for reply ..

1. The link you provided is the same link i m trying ..  I can see link for redeem but when i click on it .. nothing happens .... so looks like url is broken under the 'redeem'

maps.google.com_2017-01-20_14-26-34.png

2. I got email that i reached level 4 today .. so 30 day expiry is not an issue...

Level 6

Redeeming the 100Gb

Hi all,

I recently became a Local Guide Level 4 and I'm trying to redeem the free 100Gb on Google Drive. I go to my home page, scroll down, click on 'Redeem' ...and nothing happens!!! No windows open up and I'm not re-directed to any new page! Does anyone have the same problem? 

Note: I already have 100Gb extra on my Drive because I had bought a Chromebook a couple of years ago. However, my current 100Gb expire in July. I wanted to activate my new 100Gb from the Local Guides so that I extend my current storage by a couple of months. Could it be that this is the reason why nothing happens when I click redeem? Is there any way to fix this? 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

Redeem.png

Level 8

Re: Redeeming the 100Gb

Hi @Bizzi Please try to redeem that storage from the Email that you got from Google. And I would request you not to wait till July as there is an expiry date of the storage benefit, so once expired, you'll lose that 100GB. Redeem as soon as you got that Email.

I hope this helped you! best of luck.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Connect Moderator

@Bizzi HI 

Welcome to local guides thanks for your posting ..

this kind of problem i see at the first time ... 

i think this problem is that u have mentioned in your post ... 

But u have the right to use Local guides Free 100 GB drive .. 

So OUR connect team will explain this problem .. i thank ..

Otherwise u may post this massage on Google Drive Help Forum  .. where Drive expert will give u a accurate solution ..

Level 6

@Sovon When I click on the link in the email, it just redirects me to the Local Guides home page. And then I'm back to square one! 🙂 Thanks for your prompt reply though! 🙂

@ShafiulB  Yes it's a very particular problem! 🙂 Thanks for your help.

Level 8

Do you have multiple emails signed in your device. if so try to sign out all other accounts except the one used for Local Guides.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 6

I tried that, but it didn't make any difference!

Level 8

Okay... So, it seems like a bad luck now. You can try from an Android or smartphone device (which I had used in my case). And if the problem still persist then the last step  comes, try contacting the Drive Help Forum . I hope you get solution soon.