ColinUKtyke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unable to change incorrect location - option of change location not available!

Hi -The Telford Langley School, Dawley,Telford, UK  is starred as being located in a lake in about a mile from its actual location! When I have tried to update its location it is not listed as an option when you click on the available options. Present location at 

The Telford Langley School

https://goo.gl/maps/VpEhhGWTUKN2

It used to be called 'The Phoenix School' and was rebuilt two years ago on a location at the southern end of Dawley High Street with an associated Phoenix Sports centre which correctly positioned.

The correct position is about plus code -

9C4VMG7P+6F

Hope this can be solved - any help /suggestion most welcome Thanks

Dawley, Telford, United Kingdom
3 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Unable to change incorrect location - option of change location not available!

Hmm I don't think this is going to be easy. As far as I can tell you can't change the position because this school wasn't mapped as a point location, it was incorrectly mapped as a shape with a boundary. I'm guessing someone drew the pupil catchment area.

Since the school should never have been mapped in this way the feature should probably be deleted and a new POI created, but it would be better if a MapMaker RL or TC could confirm. I looked for this feature in MapMaker but couldn't isolate it.

Interestingly when I searched for 'The Telford Langley School' in MapMaker I came to a school called Phoenix which you say was the old name - however the school in the search result is 'Phoenix Primary & Secondary Special School' which is Tower Hamlets, London. As you'll know that's nowhere near Telford. Possibly some kind of data linkage has been made

Screenshot 2017-01-11 at 17.31.43.png

You may be better off asking this question in the MapMaker forum https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker and referring back to this thread

Level 8

Re: Unable to change incorrect location - option of change location not available!

Hi @ColinUKtyke,

You can use the Send Feedback in Maps, to inform Maps team that the location if that school is wrong.  And at the same time you cannot move it because it is draw as an area.

Normally, Maps team will convert the Place into a Point feature, which cannot be done by public, and move it to the correct location.

@ColinW wrote:

Hi -The Telford Langley School, Dawley,Telford, UK  is starred as being located in a lake in about a mile from its actual location! When I have tried to update its location it is not listed as an option when you click on the available options. Present location at 

The Telford Langley School

https://goo.gl/maps/VpEhhGWTUKN2

It used to be called 'The Phoenix School' and was rebuilt two years ago on a location at the southern end of Dawley High Street with an associated Phoenix Sports centre which correctly positioned.

The correct position is about plus code -

9C4VMG7P+6F

Hope this can be solved - any help /suggestion most welcome Thanks

Level 8

Thanks for the prompt advice - I have posted a request today and hopefully that will sort it out!

Many thanks for the support and advice Samson 

Colin