Anoma's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unable to add photos and reviews

Why we find some public places created in Google Maps where general public can not add photos or reviews?

This question was raised by a Sri Lankan LG, Isuru Nirmal. 

Can anyone give us a rational answer?

Sri Lanka
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Unable to add photos and reviews

HI @Anoma

I understand your issue and faced same issue in past.

Please refer Some places on Maps won't let me add pictures? for more information.

hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

HI @Anoma

I understand your issue and faced same issue in past.

Please refer Some places on Maps won't let me add pictures? for more information.

hope this helps you.

Thank you.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Hi @iDepp

Thaks for the info. 

I found a simple workaround for this issue.

If you are using an Android phone for uploading photos, you can,

1. Locate and select the place where you want to add photos.

2. Copy the name of the place

3. Open the Photo Gallery of the phone and select all photos that you want to upload.

4. Select the "Share" in the menu and select the Google Maps in the second menu.

5. Paste the name you copied at the "Select a Place..." in the next window.

6. Hit the upload arrow.

This will upload all your photos to the place where you were unable to add photos in the usual way. 

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anoma

please refer to: Add, remove, or share photos and videos, where the indications is: "Note: You can add photos for points of interest, like businesses or parks, but not addresses or coordinates."

Even if with a workaround you can add photos or videos in places that are not allowed by Google Maps, it is possible that in the future the photos and the relevant point will be removed. I will strongly avoid tu use a workaround, to by-pass Google Maps restrictions @BruceDM, [EDIT], and personally I would not put my account at risk bypassing the rules

Ermes

Level 10

Dear @ErmesT @

Thank you very much for the information.

But, I shall mention you that, I looked out for a bypass only because I understood that  this restriction was an bug, that occured due to an issue in marking locations at Google Maps using Polygons, where Google was trying to rectify it, based on the previous post pointed out by iDepp. If you haven't read it, please read it.

Also, I was not talking about adding photos to "addresses or coordinates" as you mentioned. (I know it shall not be done.) But my original question was on adding photos to a legitimate place already added to the Google Maps (Like a business or a park) where it was unable to add pictures in the usual way. 

Also, I would like to inform you that there is nothing do with my Local Guide levels in this post. I have no idea why you even mentioned it your reply as there is nothing me to show off in that regards. If you are thinking that I posted that reply because I was L10, you are mistaken.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anoma

I am aware of the post linked by @iDepp, and also of the reply given in there: "you can only add photos to a specific Maps listing. Sounds like the park you have visited is not a specific listing, if so, then it is best to add the missing place. When adding the missing place, be as specific as possible - such as a specific garden in a park, a light tower at a lake, etc."

According to that, I still suggesting to avoid a workaround.

I am sure that you are not using workaround for reaching your status (otherwhise, why to post it in here?), it was just an example. I do apologize if in writing my reply I gave to you this idea

Ermes

Level 10

Dear @ErmesT

No hard feelings. 🙂

I understand what you are trying to tell. 

The location with the original issue is linked here. Please just have a look.

Hoping to work hand to hand with you and rest of the LC community to provide a better support for the society. 

Cheers!

Anoma

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @Anoma

Please note that your link doesn't work. Be sure to add the link using the "add a link" command on the top of the message body

Level 10

Oh.. my bad. I'm sorry. 

https://goo.gl/maps/ueQrfDtWDJs

Hope this will work.

😊

Level 10

Thank you @Anoma for your Suggestion.

I know it is one of the method to Upload Photos on Google Maps.