PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Tutorial on creating a blue Street View path using the Theta V and Street View App

This is a brief tutorial on how easy it is to create the blue paths for Street View using the Street View App in combination of the Theta V 360 degree camera. I take you step by step through the process and while it takes a while timewise is really simple to do. Anyone can make their own blue paths on Google Maps. If you're wondering how to do it, and can't be bothered listing to an hour or yammer to hear the ten minutes you need then this tutorial is for you. No gimmicks or polish just active tutorial of how to do it by doing it.

13 comments
Level 10

Re: Tutorial on creating a blue Street View path using the Theta V and Street View App

Nice work @PaulPavlinovich!

I really need a Ricoh Theta V. Some of you summiters has got a double and want to sell one to me? 😁😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tutorial on creating a blue Street View path using the Theta V and Street View App

Great job! @PaulPavlinovich, You are another "King of Blue Line".

And you have a charming voice.

Toyo

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich You are a legend for sharing this, i am going to find a way to mount my Theta on my car (securely - so it doesn't get nicked while i am in traffic) and try it out.

Thank you so much 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Tula @Anonymous @LucioV hopefully some people will find the tutorial useful and convince them the process is easily followed.

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich This might be a silly question but is the blue line limited to roads and walking paths only or can it be used for indoor use also? Example blue line inside a mall?

Connect Moderator

There are no silly questions @Tula. Blue lines won't work inside because the system that makes the line and the subsequent images is dependent on having the geotagged 4K 360 video stream from the Theta V. To do that it needs the GPS coordinates the entire time that you're making video. Unfortunately GPS doesn't work inside.

However, you can make your own internal tour with individual images and the Street View App (or other third party tour creation software/websites). Multi floor tours are actually difficult and they are usually made by Google with the mall owner/publicist. 

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich Thank you for the clarification, I now get how the blue lines work now actually. Interesting.

Going to start by trying out my neighbourhood first , just worried how stable should my selfie stick be so it doesn't end up being shaky or this shouldn't be such a big concern as compared to taking photo spheres? 

Level 8

Saya ingin bertanya, setelah saya mengunggah foto, interval pada peta menjadi titik, bukan garis biru. 1. Apakah ada proses lain? 2. Dapatkah saya menggunakan aplikasi Editor EXIF ​​untuk Geotag?

Level 8

I want to ask, after I upload photos the interval on the map becomes dots, not blue lines.
1. Is there another process?
2. Can I use the EXIF Editor app for Geotag?