TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Trusted Contacts App Launch

Might be another Magic word to activate live video capturing or timed snapshot (1 per second) or something like that would really help in certain situations.

Level 10

Great job. i will let it know among my friend by sharing on social media. Thanks.
Level 7

Hello everyone 🙂

My mum (85yo) is my first beta tester. I try to introduce her to Trusted Contacts but it was not clear for her. No doubt it is because it was not clear for me neither.

I figured out what was not clear for me: it's the fact that we only share our position for 24h.

But what I miss the most with this app is a widget. G+ location sharing have one, with a simple "refresh" button that is very convenient. I wish for a soon update in this way.

All the best. Cheers!

Level 8

Hi @Tchoa,

The User can start or stop sharing of position anytime.

The Trusted Contact can request position of the User anytime.  If User is online, that request will also start the position sharing for the next 24 hours to the requesting Trusted Contract.

Level 8

@TraciC Just knew from a friend and installed as soon as I got wifi. Always excited about new apps from Google... 🙂

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Googler

@ShafiulB Yes, the app works when you are offline by using your last known location. Please see the Google Blog post for more details on this very helpful feature as well as the Help Center. Thanks for sharing info too, @YK1001.

@Teejai I'm so sorry to hear about your experience but am glad you are doing well today. 

Please do continue to share your feedback about the Trusted Contacts app by using "Send feedback" within the app. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

This is a great news for us

Level 9

@TraciC

It is not available for Taiwan yet.

Eddy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadanK wrote:

Already Installed :). Good for the people who seems always worried of their one's.

@MadanKPradhan

But if they are frequently request for the location of their loved one(s), they will lose their loved one(s) faster than they get location 😄

All advantages have disadvantages 🙂

If they do not trust to they loved one...this app cant help them...their relationship is already over, but this app can be helpful for fast ending in that situation 🙂 🙂 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Traci,

This is Execellent App I am  already using it.