IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Trip to Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India

Caption: The view of Himalayas from Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: The view of Himalayas from Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Today i am sharing my next post which is related to my traveling experience in Tehri Garhwal which is the largest district in Uttarakhand state of northern India. This was a random travel plan which i make with my friends. I love to travel in hilly areas of Uttarakhand because i alos belongs to hilly area of Himachal Pradesh. We started our journey from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh (my hometown). Tehri Garhwal is about 680 km from Chamba, around 15 hours 30 minutes journey by car in normal traffic.

Caption: Beautiful himalays range in Tehri GarhwalCaption: Beautiful himalays range in Tehri Garhwal

Caption: The road is under construction at Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).Caption: The road is under construction at Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India (Photo by Local Guide IshantHP_ig).

The weather was awesome in Tehri, in some place we faced rainy and in some parts much sunny. The weather in himalayas can be changed anytime:)

Caption: Housing pattern in TehriCaption: Housing pattern in Tehri

How to reach Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand ?

The total distance from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh to Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand is 679 km. (Around 15 hours 30 min journey by car).

Caption: Route map from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh to Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand.Caption: Route map from Chamba, Himachal Pradesh to Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand.

From Haridwar it's about 139 km Caption: Route from Haridwar.Caption: Route from Haridwar.

Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh, Uttarakahand.

Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun.

Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Trip to Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. What are the most popular places to visit in Tehri Garhwal?

Is it your first visit there? What is the best time to visit there?

What activities can you do around? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @Aruni 

Thanks for asking the query.

Tehri Dam is the popular and interesting place in Tehri Garhwal.

Best time to visit in Tehri is December to February.

We can enjoy rafting and paddle boating in Ganga river.

Welcome in India 🙂

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Wow, sound amazing. I love rafting sport. 

We have the same rafting sport in Thailand. Have you ever try rafting sport before?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

How often did you rafting?

Before, when I was in Thailand I had visited to rafting in Kanchanaburi 2 time per years.

I been there with my gang when we have a free time. In Kanchanaburi there are many activities we can do.

Level 9

Hi @Aruni 

I done rafting in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand which is popular for International Yoga Capital of the world, hope you listen about this place it's situated in Uttarakhand state of northern India.

Wow, Thank you for your recommend @IshantHP_ig 

One day I will visit to India. Where is the best place to visit in India?

Level 9

Hi @IshantHP_ig 

Thank you. I was sure that you will be my best Local Guides. 

I read many posts from you, where you had explored it's very interesting for me.

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your experience here.