ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Treviso Tiramisù Day

I am living in Treviso, a beautiful medieval town in Veneto region, north-east of Italy. What do you know about my town? Most of the people in the world do not probably know anything about this city. European citizen will probably know that this is the place where they land, when coming for visiting Venice. Funny, isn't it? So, if I want you to remember my town, I have to use a couple of "magic words":

• The first one is Prosecco. When I say Prosecco, a lot of people smile, and start to fix the name of the town in their memory. "oh, do you mean that, when I land, I can buy Prosecco on the airport?" is the common question.
  • The second, powerful, magic world is Tiramisù. Yes, Tiramisù is coming from here, do you know this? Maybe you don't, but for sure you know tiramisù.

So, knowing this, you will not surprise about the Tiramisù championship.

Caption: Show cooking at Treviso Tiramisù dayCaption: Show cooking at Treviso Tiramisù day

Tiramisù championship is a local competition, 4 weeks before the "Tiramisù world cup". A lot of people, competing for becoming the best "tiramisù maker", is arrivibg in town

Caption: Tiramisù, ready to be distributedCaption: Tiramisù, ready to be distributed

Prosecco is ready too, the best way to drink, after a portion of Tiramisù

Caption: Prosecco wine, ready to be consumedCaption: Prosecco wine, ready to be consumed

As an interesting note, for the friend that are working everyday in LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld, like @DavidTito: Special container are made to separate and recycle the waste during the event

Caption: Special containers for collecting waste at the tiramisù Day - The containers are distributed by the waste company for increasing the separation between different kind of waste - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Special containers for collecting waste at the tiramisù Day - The containers are distributed by the waste company for increasing the separation between different kind of waste - Local Guide @ErmesT

A special mention to Telethon, the NGO that is collecting found to help scientific research

Caption: Telethon Association, supporting the event  to help scientific researchCaption: Telethon Association, supporting the event to help scientific research

So, now that you know the story, think about my town, when you are eating a Tiramisù ? Do you need any other reason, to come and visit me @KarenVChin?

18 comments
Level 10

Re: Treviso Tiramisù Day

Hi @ErmesT,

Thanks for sharing informations about Treviso. As you mentionned, for me it is where we land ;-).

Now, I have some better informations. I didn't know Tiramitsu and Prosecco are from Treviso. 

Have a lovely journey and see you soon 😉

Jul

Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT for sharing Treviso Tiramisu Day ...

Level 7

Hi @ErmesT . very nice post. thank you

Level 8

Thanks, I've just arrived @ErmesT I've never tried Tiramisu or drank Prosecco wine but I will look around Perth for it this has inspired me to try now.

and I see Italy Factory worker wins Italy’s first Tiramisu World Cup 

A 28-year-old factory worker from Feltre, Andrea Ciccolella, has won the Tiramisu World Cup with his version of the famous Italian dessert. He says that the secret to his tiramisu (that's it below) is not an old family recipe, but simply hours spent on YouTube, learning from famous chefs.

These are some of our recycling Town bins

Image result for recycling bins stations australia

And Tiramisu looks very delicious seen Here at World cup

Looks like you had a great day out see you soon @ErmesT Thank you

Connect Moderator

I am on my way to San Francisco, @Julien44

I will be there late tonightIMG_20181013_111043.jpg

Nice investigation, @DavidTito

I will be there for documenting the event, beginning of November

Ermes

Level 9

Wow!

Thank you so much @ErmesT for such perfect post.

It is interesting to know about your native town and Tiramisu competition!

Tiramisu looks so delicious!)

I will be looking forward to testing this wonderful cake in Treviso.

Best wishes,

Level 8

@ErmesT Safe Journey my friend Don't forget to tag me in your Photo blitz 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @ErmesT

This is a super combination: two of my favorite things in life together and actually, I didn't know that tiramisu' is coming originally from Treviso, but after some research, I discover that the guy who first made it, was from your town.

This increased my regrets to not be part of your meeting, but I am looking forward to seeing a detailed reportage of it.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @ErmesT

Nice to know  more about Tiramisú 🙂

Great to know that there were  special containers for recycling waste.

I remember when you told me that the Tiramisú was first cooked at Treviso 😉

Next time I will have to try one :))))))

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.